Technical Support Analyst - Healthcare Information Exchange (Early Career)
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
SAS employees transform a world of data into a world of intelligence. Our mantra is ‘Be curious’ and we practice this daily by finding creative and innovative solutions to continually exceed customer expectations. The team needs smart, caring, bold and trustworthy individuals to join our team.
SAS CEO Dr. Goodnight has said that the company’s most valuable asset are the employees, and SAS’ award-winning culture makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. That means we push boundaries daily and at SAS, you’ll be encouraged to use your imagination and constantly try new things.
This position provides help desk support for the North Carolina Health Information Exchange (HIE - branded as NC HealthConnex) on multiple levels by applying knowledge of software usage, features, and functions. Routinely leverages domain knowledge to resolve SAS customer/HIE participant issues and influence software and solution usage. Directly participants in Participant outreach on behalf of SAS and the NC HIE Authority.
- Monday-Friday, Evening Shift (11:00am to 8:00pm ET with breaks for lunch and dinner) HelpDesk/Call Center Customer Support
- Minimal after-hours on call support – Generally 1 month out of the year with an average of 0-1 after-hours calls per month
- Provides customer and technical support to HIE customers/participants by taking telephone calls and emails on all product areas, providing information on documented problems, and resolving issues. Actively communicates through a DSM (Direct Secure Messaging) system as well.
- Participates in the HIE auditing communication and remediation process. Escalates to the technical support and project teams as needed.
- Works closely with the HIE project team, the NC Health Information Exchange Authority (HIEA) and participants on ongoing data integrity projects.
- Provides application support to other divisions within SAS.
- Directly assists customers/participants who are using or troubleshooting software tools and procedures. Collaborates with experts across departments and SAS divisions as needed.
- Applies knowledge of software usage, experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) solutions, Health Care Organization (HCO) procedures, and technical skills to assist customers/participants.
- Routinely facilitates the resolution process for software problems of varying complexity.
- Accurately documents and specifies information in the tracking system during the entire track life cycle.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves software problems.
- Communicates effectively with customers/participants and maintains proactive contact during all projects including the problem resolution process.
- Appropriately sets and manages expectations for both internal and external customers. Considers experience and skill level of customer in managing expectations.
- Serves as a liaison between the user community and the rest of SAS/NC HIEA. Acts as an advocate for the customer and participant.
- Keeps other groups informed of problems, suggestions and general comments and concerns as appropriate.
- Creates application documentation. Reviews product documentation for technical accuracy, consistency, and user’s point of view.
- Authors software usage and problem notes. Authors technical papers and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Lead or assist with customer/participant training. Define and create video training for placement on the HIEA website.
- Suggests, manages, and implements special projects to assist Technical Support, users, or other departments/teams/divisions.
- Solicits feedback on technical support services.
- Sphere of Influence: immediate co-workers and HIE project team.
- Has increasing responsibility regarding HIE application support, data integrity projects, participant auditing, and overall team support. Is personally responsible for the support of certain customer support processes.
- Manages escalations with assistance and guidance from others.
- Takes initiative to create proactive support materials such as SAS Notes, technical papers, sample programs, etc.
- Validates software fixes and reviews documentation for technical accuracy, completeness, consistency, and/or user’s point of view.
- Might serve as a coach or mentor to other Technical Support staff.
- Might travel to or provide on-site services to customer/participant sites in NC for user outreach and training sessions.
- Other duties as necessary
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of healthcare processes, HCO applications, EMR/EHRs, HIPAA compliance, and clinical jargon.
- Effectively communicate and work across departments to solve a problem.
- Can determine software circumventions when fixes are not feasible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Education, or related quantitative field or industry domain
- Experience requires 1-5 years of relevant experience in software help desk/customer support, application usage training, software consulting, or supporting complex applications.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- Location: Cary HQ or Remote (Flexible on location, but US based)
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information on US Equal Employment Opportunity, read more here: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.