The Palisades Group, LLC (“Company”), is an investment firm that is seeking an Accountant / Accounting Analyst to join its growing and dynamic team. The ideal candidate will be a bachelor or masters graduate in accounting and relevant work experience (for example, summer internships). The accountant will be responsible for accounting and finance functions for the Company, its funds, and certain client accounts.
As of December 31, 2021, Palisades manages mortgage, real estate, and fixed income assets that amount to over $6 billion in notional balance through a series of separate accounts and discretionary investment funds for globally recognized asset managers, private equity, family office, endowments, foundations, banks, broker dealers, and insurance companies.
The Accounting Analyst will work alongside a team of CPAs and Finance executives with combined industry and Big 4 accounting experience of over 25 years with a high amount of visibility to the CIO, CFO, and all partners of the Company. The ideal candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills, a growth mindset, and the ability to work well in teams on multiple ongoing projects.
- Assist in month-end closing and financial reporting processes.
- Prepare and review journal entries and reconciliations.
- Maintain and update accounting records and files.
- Prepare and file regulatory reports.
- Analyze expenses and accruals.
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines.
- Respond to information requests, review financial statements, and assist with audits.
- Work in unison with Finance & Accounting team to improve financial processes.
- Interface with fund administrator in accounting for fund-related activity.
- Understand and ensure processes comply with internal controls and business processes, and implement improvements as needed.
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other day-to-day tasks.
- Ad-hoc accounting research and application.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting required, CPA or actively working towards qualification.
- Required Experience: recent or upcoming college graduate with accounting internship experience or 1+ years at a Public Accounting firm or equivalent (Internships and part time work recognized).
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are required for success.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Technical Experience: Strong Microsoft Excel skills with understanding of key functions and pivot tables, Microsoft PowerPoint and Word, basic SQL skills a plus.