PVD Equipment Engineer
View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change.
We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, Stanford Health Care, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Obsession
- Drive for Excellence
- Always Learn
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
We are seeking a PVD Equipment Engineer to drive improvements across manufacturing equipment to meet uptime, throughput, and yield goals through equipment and process enhancements.
- Join a strong technical team that supports a PVD glass coating line. Drive improvements to the PVD line to meet uptime, throughput, and yield goals through equipment and process enhancements
- Partner with process engineering and operations to test, approve, and track any equipment change
- Be the primary interface with the equipment vendor for all the equipment related issues and upgrades
- Characterize failure modes and frequency of failure for equipment and develop PM schedules to prevent unplanned down
- Develop a robust and cost-effective spare parts strategy for equipment
- Assist on-shift maintenance technicians for solving equipment issues
- Create documentation (SOPs, troubleshooting guides, PM procedures) to support maintenance activities on the equipment
- Assist in the training of the maintenance staff to support the repair of the equipment
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Positive attitude and the ability to function in a highly dynamic environment
- Highly motivated and detail oriented
- Prior experience supporting high volume production environment in equipment engineering role
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills to interface with vendors and to present designs for review
- Experience troubleshooting highly automated production equipment used on PVD glass coating lines preferred (thin film deposition equipment)
- Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, and electronic control systems
- Knowledge of high vacuum subsystems (Vacuum pump & TMP’s, cryogenics, gauges, valves),
- Knowledge of plasma sputtering subsystems (power supplies, planar and rotary cathodes, anodes)
- Preferred knowledge of radiative heating subsystems (heaters, TCs, pyrometers)
- Familiar with PC and PLC controlled machinery
- PLC programming experience preferred (Allen Bradley & Mitsubishi)
- Ability to review industrial machine designs in CAD systems
Bachelor’s degree in engineering with 3+ years of experience or AS degree with 5+ years engineering experience preferred
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer