Accelerate Program Manager
ACORE is on a mission to ensure a just and equitable transition to a renewable energy economy by supporting the success of small and emerging renewable energy companies owned and or operated by Founders and CEOs who identify as women, Asian-Indian, Asian-Pacific, Black, Hispanic, or Native American.
Through our signature program, the ACORE Accelerate Membership program, we are changing the way diverse renewable energy entrepreneurs are accessing capital, fostering transformational business partnerships, creating an ecosystem of like-minded clean energy innovators, and, most importantly, scaling their companies to accelerate our nation's transition to a renewable energy economy for all.
We seek a uniquely collaborative and equity-driven individual to expand this signature program and increase our capacity to support and grow a powerful cadre of diverse renewable energy entrepreneurs as our Accelerate Program Manager.
ACORE has a hybrid work environment that allows team members a combination of in-office work and telework, as well as fully remote options.
ACORE believes in a healthy work environment and has a COVID Vaccination Policy in place. All employees must be fully vaccinated and receive a booster shots consistent with CDC guidance to work in our offices.
Key job duties
· Establishing the Accelerate Executive Mentorship Program: In partnership with industry and managed services partners, implement a best-in-class C-Suite Executive Sponsorship program for Accelerate Member Founders and CEOs.
· Grow the Accelerate Ecosystem of Support, Engagement, and Innovation: Together with the Vice President of DEI Programs, provide direct support to Accelerate members through the following:
o Regular 1:1 consultations with Accelerate members
o Creation of networking opportunities with industry leaders and potential investment partners
o Curation of programming for Accelerate members that provides opportunities for support, collaboration, and education while generating a sense of community between Accelerate companies.
· Collaboratively Expand Exclusive Networking and Education Events: In close coordination with the events team, program sponsors, partners, ACORE members, and select industry experts, design, host, and measure the impact of exclusive member programming aimed at accelerating the growth of Accelerate member companies and strengthening the Accelerate member network.
· Support Accelerate Program KPIs and Dashboard: Collaboratively determine and monitor performance and outcome-based metrics of program success, impact, and areas of improvement. Implement program dashboard and report analytics to strengthen program efficacy and industry impact.
Required skills and knowledge
· Renewable Energy Industry Knowledge: The successful candidate should have a concrete understanding of the fundamentals of climate change, renewable energy, and the challenges associated with fostering an equitable energy transition. Familiarity with the unique intersectional journey of emerging diverse renewable energy entrepreneurs is a plus.
· Growth Mindset & Equity Program Design: The position requires a high degree of personal and professional integrity, optimism, and emotional intelligence. Divergent viewpoints and challenges should be viewed as opportunities for growth and innovation. We seek a consistent track record of successfully embedding equity, inclusion, and intersectionality into industry or enterprise-wide programs to help dismantle systemic barriers to success for leaders from historically underrepresented groups.
· Project Management Expertise: The ideal candidate is analytical, detail-oriented, and uniquely skilled at developing, executing, and continuously enhancing project plans, and can point to career accomplishments consistent with these skills. Her or his technical toolbox should include an above-average mastery of leading project management tools and continued education.
· Effective Communicator: We seek a candidate able to get things done quickly, efficiently, and accurately with excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience building mission-driven cross-functional relationships, and the ability to communicate with all levels of organizational leadership. We seek a highly collaborative, innovative, creative problem-solver, driven to serve others first by uplifting and empowering colleagues.
· Bachelor's degree with 5 – 7 years of work experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite products.
This position is being funded in its first year by the Department of Energy Inclusive Energy Innovation Prize.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
The annual salary range for this position is $75,000 - $90,000.
· Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, fully covered by the employer
· 401(k), with a 5% employer contribution each pay period
· Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
· Hybrid work schedule
· Generous PTO & Sick Leave Policy
· Parental Leave for all parents to bond when new children enter a family
ACORE is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Founded in 2001, the American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) is a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization that unites finance, policy and technology to accelerate the transition to a renewable energy economy. ACORE is the focal point for collaborative advocacy across the renewable energy sector, supported by hundreds of members spanning renewable energy technologies and constituencies, including developers, manufacturers, financial institutions, major corporate renewable energy buyers, grid technology providers, utilities, professional service firms, colleges and universities, and allied nonprofit groups. ACORE accomplishes much of its work by convening leaders across key constituencies, facilitating partnerships, educating federal and state legislators and agency officials on important policies, publishing research and analysis on pressing issues, and undertaking strategic outreach on the policies and financial structures essential to renewable energy growth. Additional information is available at: www.acore.org