Director, Experience Optimization
Reporting to the Vice President, Experience & Hospitality, the Director, Experience Optimization will be leading the efforts to achieve our organizational mission of creating exceptional and memorable experiences for our guests. This position will use the available data and resources to 1) assess and analyze the current processes and customer needs; 2) identify and develop new processes and customer journeys; 3) implement new experiences; and 4) measure and iterate on implemented experiences.
The Director will work closely with the VP, Experience & Hospitality to provide the senior management team guidance on organizational changes to enhance the Customer Experience (CX). This position will manage company-wide CX programs, including customer research, data analytics, and customer journey design. S/he will work closely with other Nationals departments, including Business Strategy & Analytics, IT, and Ticket Services, to facilitate a data-driven approach to CX excellence. The Director will also engage with key MLB stakeholders and critical vendors (e.g., technology providers) to assess and implement new features / technology at Nationals Park that improve the guest experience. S/he will play a vital role in maintaining a vibrant culture based on employee and guest satisfaction, trust, respect, continuous learning, safety, and fun.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization, actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, design, develop, and measure differentiated experiences to drive consumer lifetime value.
- Analyze and interpret customer experience measurement tools, including but not limited to surveys, secret shopper reports, and other means to prioritize customer-facing initiatives.
- Translate customer needs into business requirements, developing operational plans to deliver on addressing these core needs.
- Lead projects that enhance the organization’s understanding of the customer and serve as a customer advocate.
- Develop views of both present and future customer journeys through quantitative and qualitative research.
- Create effective communications across multiple internal channels to optimize customer-facing efforts.
- Use insights to build and enhance organizational strategic relationships with MLB stakeholders and critical vendors (e.g., technology providers) that can improve the guest experience at Nationals Park.
- Identify capital expenditures needed to maintain and enhance the guest experience at Nationals Park, and work with the Ballpark Operations team to project manage and implement.
- Manage the Guest Support Specialist who responds to all incoming communication to the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Undergraduate degree, with major in business, economics, or marketing
- MBA degree strongly preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, technology, and/or marketing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Availability to work the majority of 81 home games and other events which will include nights and weekends.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to communicate across all levels: senior executives, full-time staff, part-time (game-day) staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to design user experiences for complex problems and deliver them to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to conduct user research and synthesize customer data from many sources to identify opportunities and recommend design directions.
- Ability to translate subjective preferences into objective design guidelines.
- Strong cross-functional understanding of services delivery.
- Ability to manage programs with multiple components, and align internal and external resources to achieve results.
- Creative thinking and strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, be proactive, and exhibit forward-thinking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Customer-centric mindset, both internal and external.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Interest in sports & entertainment as a career preferred.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work will require weekend and/or evening work.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.