Staff Researcher-AI Camera
The location of this position is Chicago, IL.
About the company:
Lenovo is a Fortune Global 500 company serving customers in 180 markets around the world with one of the world’s widest portfolios of connected products including PCs, smartphones, workstations, AR/VR devices and smart home/office solutions as well as software and services. Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, we are developing world-changing technologies that empower millions of customers every day.
About Our Team:
Lenovo Research is the innovation engine of Lenovo with research centers across the globe including the Mobile Technology Innovation (MTI) research lab in Chicago, Illinois and Raleigh, North Carolina. This lab has a friendly and dynamic team of researchers and engineers with very diverse backgrounds and strong technical expertise. We are passionate about incorporating the latest technologies in computer vision, image processing, computational photography, machine learning and artificial intelligence into today’s most advanced products: smartphones, tablets, PCs, and greatly improve the consumer experiences.
What You’ll Do:
You will be working with a group of dedicated and experienced colleagues on one or more of the current research projects. You will participate in regular team meetings, brainstorming sessions, team building events, and other company activities. You will have opportunities to contribute to the business by solving actual technical problems with innovative ideas, try out your idea by writing code and testing your code, work with the development teams to integrate the solutions into products, collaborate with other cross functional teams, file patent applications, and make technical presentations.
- MS degree (required) or Ph.D. (preferred) in CS, CE or related field, or Bachelor degree with more experience
- Experience developing one or more of the following: camera system design, image signal processing (ISP) pipeline, computational photography, image quality evaluation
- 2+ years hands-on experience applying machine learning and ML framework (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.) to computer vision, image processing, or computer graphics
- 5+ years programming experience in one or more languages like Python, C, C++, Java
- Understanding of the design and use of data structures and algorithms
- Familiar with one or more development systems like Android, Windows, Linux or real-time embedded system
- Ability to work in Chicago, IL (relocation may be provided)
The base salary range for this position in Colorado is $90k - $140k. Individuals may also be considered for bonus and/or commission. Lenovo’s various benefits can be found on www.lenovobenefits.com