Data Analytics Consultant (Remote-Eligible)
Who We Are
Eide Bailly provides clients across the nation with Specialty Services, like Business Intelligence Consulting, along with core tax and audit services. Eide Bailly's data analytics offering assists companies in laying a foundation with data strategy, then implementing that strategy with data warehousing, reporting, business intelligence, and data science. With our long record of success, companies are able to eliminate the guesswork and make data-driven decisions.
About the Team
At Eide Bailly Technology Consulting our business is about making our clients' businesses better. Our driving force motivating each and every engagement is to understand our clients' needs and to discover the best-fit solutions that will yield valuable results for their business. What makes us different -- and why our clients choose to work with us -- is our proactive, consultative approach to people, process and technology, and our incredible team.
By far, our people make our business, and our culture inspires and attracts the industry's leading talent.
We promote a happy workplace by making work-life balance a daily practice and actively engaging in the communities we serve. Our dedication to service is showcased in our Firm's charitable donation match and focus on encouraging staff to volunteer their time to causes close to them. These are just some of the reasons why we remain an employer of choice for today's top talent.
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as a Data Analytics Consultant may include the following:
- You will build cloud ETL processes to extract data from multiple sources and load into data lakes and data warehouses.
- You will transform data through applying business rules, auditing and staging data.
- You will create fact and dimension tables to support reporting technologies such as Tableau and Power BI.
- You will provide clients with business analysis to support their decisions.
- You will use problem solving and creativity to apply appropriate metrics in the creation of compelling and thorough analysis.
- You will help identify KPI's that drive business goals.
- You will work with or to support reporting technologies such as Tableau and Power BI.
Who You Are
- You have at least 1 year of experience in data analytics (3-5 years preferred)
- You have experience with SQL
- You have experience in
- Cloud Technologies such as: Snowflake, Databricks, Azure, and AWS.
- Python programming
- Modeling data using Kimball Method (Star Schema)
- Analytical and visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Training data science/machine learning models
- Cloud technologies and services
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity -- initiative to dig into the "why" of various results and a desire to grow responsibility and become a domain expert and strategic thought leader
- You must be comfortable with uncertainty. Projects and assignments will change rapidly, so the candidate must be flexible enough to accommodate changing priorities and timelines
- You have the ability to work with different departments and teams to gather complete datasets and communicate findings and practices company-wide
- You are able to work independently and proactively, identifying issues and raising them to management, as well as offering potential solutions
- You demonstrated experience with modeling business scenarios strongly preferred
- You have a solid background in technology, mathematics, statistics, accounting, finance, or other quantitative discipline preferred
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.