Summer 2023 Intern Analyst
Meridian Capital Job Description – Summer Intern Analyst
Meridian Capital is a Seattle-based investment bank providing strategic merger and acquisitions (M&A) advisory and corporate finance services. The firm differentiates itself through its deep industry insights, customized service approach, and end-to-end commitment to execution. With a unique combination of financial, transactional and operation professionals, Meridian offers the depth and breadth of experience required to serve leading middle market companies. The firm focuses on aerospace, consumer, healthcare, diversified industrials, telecom and technology engagements with transaction values between $50 million and $1 billion. Meridian also offers its clients unparalleled cross-border capabilities through its partnership in Global M&A Partners (www.globalma.com). Meridian has a collegial, entrepreneurial culture and is hiring top tier individuals to continue growing its practice.
Meridian Capital has an opening for a summer intern analyst. This individual will have responsibility for a variety of sell-side, buy-side, and research assignments with other members of the Meridian team. The intern will be involved in multiple aspects of transactions and firm operations, including industry and company research, financial analysis and modeling, due diligence, and deal material preparation. Meridian’s lean deal team structure gives interns the opportunity to work closely with senior bankers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with excellent research and writing capabilities
- Analytical thinker with the ability to articulate complex ideas simply and summarize effectively
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong foundational knowledge of accounting and corporate finance. Financial modeling experience is preferred
- Exceptional work ethic with a high level of enthusiasm, initiative and leadership potential
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detai.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
High Level Duties
· Perform in depth industry and company research
· Develop company presentations and new client pitches
· Conduct financial statement and sales data analysis
· Write marketing materials
· Build financial models for company valuations and financial projections
· Maintain CRM database
· Participate in the execution of M&A and financing transactions
· Support senior bankers on engagements and firm initiatives as needed
Meridian Capital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.