2023 Operations Leadership Development Summer Internship Program (MIA)
Be bold. Think big.
RBI is dynamic, inventive, diverse, entrepreneurial, and never afraid to take risks. We are growing fast, thinking faster and constantly exploring new opportunities. We have big plans for the future and for the people who want to make that future happen. We know the secret ingredient to our success is our people, and our goal is to attract and retain interns that are humble, hardworking, and hungry to take on new challenges over a 10- week internship that is specific to Operational functions such as Equipment & Systems, Training, Guest Experience, Restaurant Operations, and Food Safety across our brands. RBI will provide travel and temporary housing assistance to all candidates selected to join our paid 10-week Summer Internship Program as needed.
During your summer with us, you’ll get to own at least one key project that’s been selected by our senior leaders. Past projects have included developing Content Creation Playbooks with the objective of increasing learner’s information retention, engagement, and brand love– projects which offer the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the business. Do well, and we’ll invite you to join our Operations Development Program immediately after graduation. This program builds leaders on our field and operations team through an immersive restaurant experience that includes leading a restaurant and managing multiple units before moving into a position working on our brand operations team or one working directly with our franchisees.
It all begins with a week of orientation activities at our corporate office. We’ll give you an in-depth snapshot of our business and culture by exposing you to Brand and Functional Overviews and exciting trainings such as problem-solving methodology which will set you up for success during your project-based internship.
Hands on experience
You’ll direct experience with operations by spending a portion of your internship in one our restaurants to better understand the guest and employee experience.
After onboarding and training, you’ll jump right into your project. The challenging project assigned to you will enable you to make a big impact on our organization – every project we assign to our interns receives sign off by our CEO and Leadership team to ensure the work supports a key initiative of our organization. Projects assigned to Operations Interns could support teams such as Standards, Execution, Training, Equipment, Analytics, and more.
You’ll receive plenty of guidance, support, and exposure. Your summer schedule will include training, leadership team lunch-and-learns, formal and informal performance reviews, and social opportunities.
At the end of your internship, you’ll deliver a final presentation to the head of your department, outlining your proposal and recommendation(s) to the leadership team.
What You Need:
- A good academic track record – you should be a 3rd year student, working towards a bachelor’s degree at an accredited post-secondary institution (expected graduation between December 2023 and August 2024)
- Available to complete a 10 week-summer Internship (June-August 2023)
- A Bachelors degree – all majors are welcome to apply, and we encourage students with a background in Restaurant or Hotel Management, Retail, Hospitality, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Food Production, Food & Beverage Management, Business Administration, Organizational Behavior, Customer Relationship Management, Operations Control, or Events to consider this opportunity
- Previous restaurant, retail, hotel, or relevant industry experience
- A long-term desire to work with restaurant operators, franchisees and others to deliver growth and a great guest experience
- A performance-focused, results-oriented approach – you will need to have a strong work ethic and drive to achieve results
- Ownership mentality, self-motivation, ambition, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Interpersonal, communication and motivational skills
- Extracurricular, volunteer, athletics or professional leadership experience
- Able to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) to conceptualize and present new approaches and solutions
- Solid analytical capabilities and a structured approach to problem solving
The OLDP Internship is just one of our many internship programs:
- Have an interest in Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain, or Business Development? Check out our Leadership Development Program Internship
- Skilled at coding and software engineering? Check out our Technical Development Program Internship
- Pursuing your MBA? Check out our MBA Internship
Deadline to Apply
RBI reviews applications on a rolling basis with a priority given to candidates who apply on or before September 8, 2022 at 11:59PM ET.
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.