Data Engineer II
Myriad Genetics is a leading genetic testing and precision medicine company dedicated to advancing health and well-being for all, empowering individuals with vital genetic insights, and enabling healthcare providers to better detect, treat and prevent disease. Myriad discovers and commercializes genetic tests that determine the risk of developing a disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across medical specialties where critical genetic insights can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture in AWS.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements in snowflake.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using snowpipe and AWS technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Understands and implements Data Security.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Or Related Subject Area
- Experience with Messaging Systems like Event Hub or Kafka, etc. is a plus
- 2+ yrs Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres
- 2+ yrs Experience with Snowflake.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools like Airflow, ADF, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Java or Python is a must. AngularJS , NodeJs is a plus.
Here are some of the things that make Myriad a life-changer:
- Myriad Neuroscience: https://genesight.com/about-myriad-neuroscience/
- Myriad Oncology: https://myriad-oncology.com/
- Myriad Urology: https://myriadmyrisk.com/urology/
- Myriad Women's Health: https://myriadwomenshealth.com/
Myriad is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.