2023 Blackstone Technology and Innovations, Identity and Access Management Summer Analyst, Miami
2023 Blackstone Technology and Innovations, Identity and Access Management Summer Analyst
Job Title: Summer Analyst
Location: Miami, Florida
Blackstone Technology & Innovations:
Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency, and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTi is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
As a member of the technology innovation team at Blackstone, you will work with a group of talented individuals in a highly team-oriented environment to create the next generation of innovative solutions for Blackstone and the financial community at large.
Blackstone seeks an individual who has interest in applying technical and behavioral observations to insider risk mitigation solutions. This person will report to the Insider Threat Program Lead and triage all incoming insider threat alerts from a variety of monitoring systems deployed across the firm. They will own the design and management of education and awareness initiatives, as well as advise teams on insider risk as it relates to current and proposed organizational technologies and processes.
BXTI Cybersecurity's Identity and Access Management (IAM) team sits at the intersection of security risk reduction and user experience improvement for all of our employees, business partners and investors. As BXTI continues to enable a born-in-the-cloud approach and rapidly migrate its systems and data centers to the cloud, the IAM team is focused on securely enabling this goal when it comes to user access while also improving the user experience and driving operational efficiencies in the process.
As we continue to execute on a multi-year strategy, we have undertaken a number of modernization projects focused on building and deploying state-of-the-art IAM technologies while working closely with our stakeholders to drive significant improvements in user experience.
As we continue to grow our team, we are looking for a highly motivated and skilled product analyst that can work closely under the guidance of our Product Owners and Engineering Leads on a day-to-day basis to execute against our IAM Vision.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Meet with key business and technology stakeholders to articulate IAM Vision and identify key user and access challenges
- Analyze data for user access patterns across key enterprise and business applications
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually to all project stakeholders.
- Work with IAM vendors and leading technologies to evaluate fit against requirements and/or help with implementing innovative vendor products
- Design and specification of business and technical requirements with review and feedback from senior Product Owners and Engineering Leads on the Cybersecurity - IAM team
- Leading the product rollout process by driving decisions, tracking issues, and assisting in time estimation.
- Ability to both discuss, present and document designs and design decisions effectively to varied audiences.
- Bridging cross-functional teams (client working groups, business owners, engineering, QA, etc.) to drive the entire project lifecycle from concept to completion.
- Developing rollout and training plans in partnership with our Product Success team to create user adoption of new or existing tools to ensure that the business value from those projects is fully realized.
- Establishing product and project roadmaps to help team define scope, deliverables, schedule, and workstreams.
- Communicating project status updates to relevant stakeholders across the team, including but not limited to business management, senior technical leads, developers, designers, and product managers.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. You will need:
- Ability to understand user and technical requirements, establish a roadmap, manage projects, and drive decisions.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in tools like Excel and knowledge in data manipulation languages like SQL and Python.
- Willingness to learn new IAM technologies and gain related skills.
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum) principles and experience working with Agile is nice to have but not required.
- A self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude.
- A proven ability to juggle multiple projects and/or stakeholders without compromising quality and take complete ownership over a product or line or initiative.
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal), presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple groups in a variety of settings and strong communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and advocate designs.
- Good project management and implementation skills.
- A deep-rooted intellectual curiosity and the ability to ask thoughtful questions to identify core user needs.
- A basic understanding of the financial services or an interest to grow your career in this industry is preferred.
To be considered for the 2023 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2023 – Spring 2024
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.