Information Technology Specialist III (Enterprise Resource Planning Administrator)
The Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is seeking diverse individuals from all backgrounds to apply for a career position that will make a direct impact on improving the lives of Virginia citizens.
What you will be doing: The Department of Environmental Quality, Division of Administration’s Office of Information Services, seeks a qualified Enterprise Resource Planning Administrator to work closely with other developers and business users to develop and maintain the agency’s Enterprise Resource Planning system and integration with other agency applications. This position is responsible for the support of the current Enterprise Resource Planning system, user acceptance testing, functional design of application extensions, and assisting in upgrades and maintenance.
Why DEQ? DEQ employs a wide range of professionals in varying fields – from engineers and scientists to information technology and communications specialists. All positions work collectively toward one goal: safeguarding Virginia’s diverse and abundant natural resources, which benefit agriculture, industry, and commerce, and provide a rich environment for people, plants and wildlife. If you seek to be a part of this Mission, Vision, and culture, while also enjoying a wide range of state benefits, we encourage you to join today. To learn more about our agency, please visit our website at https://www.deq.virginia.gov
- Knowledge and experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning system (Oracle EBS or PeopleSoft preferred but not required);
- Experience working with business users and development staff to research, resolve and document the day-to-day operational EBS application issues;
- Strong conceptual understanding of database design, structure, functions and processes
- Knowledge of SQL & PL/SQL;
- Knowledge and ability to create technical design documents, unit test scripts, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing;
- Ability to translate business needs into solutions;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Qualifications preferred but not required: Graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in information technology, computer science, accounting or related field or a combination of education, experience and training.