Machine Learning Algorithms Researcher 22000007U1
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
Nokia Bell Labs is the world-renowned research arm of Nokia, having invented many of the foundational technologies that underpin information and communications networks and all digital devices and systems. This research has produced nine Nobel Prizes, five Turing Awards and numerous other awards.
The Math & Algorithms Group performs research in a spectrum of topics that combine foundational work on algorithms with novel solutions for challenging optimization, classification, and decision problems. Our recent work includes development of quantum error correcting codes, MIMO audio echo cancellers, random matrix theory, massive MIMO systems, structure learning, (deep) autoencoders, customized language models, depth separation in DNNs and numerous novel applications.
What you will learn and contribute to
Are you passionate about solving problems? As part of our team, you will:
- Design and develop algorithms for new communication and machine learning applications
- Develop information theoretic bounds for various classification and regression tasks in both supervised and unsupervised learning contexts
- Help make AI/ML methods better aligned with theory
- Create novel applications of AI/ML tools to communication problems
Your skills and experience
- A PhD in CS, EE, Applied Math, OR and related fields
- Ability to write papers and make presentations of highly technical material
- Interest in a broad collection of topics
- Experience applying theoretical tools to practical problems
- Experience in collaborative research
- Keen to learn new methods and tools
- Familiarity with basic tools such as matlab, mathematica, python scripts/libraries, ML tools such as tensorflow, etc.
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Math & Algorithms Group has team members in US (Murray Hill), Saclay (Paris), and UK (Cambridge). As a new member of our team, you will
- choose how much time you wish to spend working from home/office
- select projects of most interest to you and aligned with your background
- encourage to initiate new research efforts
- participate in scientific/technology conferences aligned with your research
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
- Vaccination Requirements : FOR US ONLY: Nokia employees, wherever required by law or contractual obligation, must receive a COVID-19 vaccination or an otherwise approved accommodation based upon applicable law.