Bell Labs - AI Research Solutions Developer 2200000ADL
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
The AI Solution Accelerator (AI-ACT) expedites the adoption of radical AI embodied research innovations into Nokia’s products and solutions. AI-ACT is an exciting new team being built inside the Nokia Bell Labs’ AI Research (AIR) Lab. The AIR Lab has an established record of ground-breaking research into problems of direct industrial and scientific impact.
Nokia Bell Labs is the world-renowned research arm of Nokia, having invented many of the foundational technologies that underpin information and communications networks and all digital devices and systems. This research has produced nine Nobel Prizes, five Turing Awards and numerous other awards.
We are looking for passionate machine learning research developers who will build the critical bridge between Bell Labs AIR Lab research and Nokia’s next generation of high impact AI-based applications.
What you will learn and contribute to
In your work, you will gain a deep understanding of the state-of-the-art machine learning solutions being proposed by working closely with Bell Labs Researchers. As part of this mission-focused team, you will work to accelerate the time to realization of the research by driving towards a new Nokia solution, by:
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining AI-based research solutions that can be quickly integrated into Nokia's products
- Managing individual priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Collaborating with researchers to translate the outcomes of research excellence into transferrable assets for the business
- Contributing to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems
Your skills and experience
You would be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Minimum of a master’s degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, or a related field (e.g., Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing)
- Proven 2+ Machine Learning development experience including but not limited to data cleaning, building models with frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch, packaging into Docker based microservices and deploying end-to-end pipelines
- Willingness to contribute with creative, out-of-the-box solutions, to problems arising in a dynamic environment, under high market pressure
It would be nice if you also had:
- Strong research credentials and track record of disruptive innovation
- Excellent track record of research impact through product or services creation, publications, and patents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and #LI-Hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
- Vaccination Requirements : FOR US ONLY: Nokia employees, wherever required by law or contractual obligation, must receive a COVID-19 vaccination or an otherwise approved accommodation based upon applicable law.