Summer Analyst - Hotel Investments & Asset Management
2023 Summer Analyst – Investments and Asset Management
About Ohana Real Estate Investors
Ohana Real Estate Investors (Ohana) is a private equity firm focused on investing in hotels and hospitality‐related businesses. Ohana was founded in 2009 and has 37 professionals working across five offices with its principal offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX. The firm has approximately $2.5 billion in assets under management, and has acquired more than $1 billion in hotel properties and loans in the past 24 months.
Ohana’s Real Estate Investments and Asset Management Team is lean and growing quickly. The Team is looking to hire a candidate who will thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment and grow with the firm.
- Create financial models and other financial analyses to evaluate investments
- Conduct research and due diligence of prospective opportunities including financial, market, and legal diligence
- Prepare investment and investor materials
- Participate in sourcing and identifying potential acquisition opportunities
- Prepare financial statement reports to validate drivers of portfolio performance
- Update investment returns models and/or return on investment analyses for capital expenditures
- Enhance internal database and assist with launching relevant technology initiatives
- Review and prepare abstracts for legal documents relating to loans, management agreements, and other contracts
- Current undergraduate students studying hospitality or finance, real estate focus a plus. Students studying other business‐related fields with a strong interest in hospitality and real estate are also encouraged to apply
- Current GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Prior experience in hospitality and/or real estate a plus but not required
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite with specific emphasis in Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and desire to add value and provide assistance where needed
- Ability to travel for due diligence / meetings (post‐COVID)
How to Apply
Interested candidates: Please apply through Handshake with a resume and a brief statement of interest regarding the position.
Ohana is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.