Production Controls Engineering Specialist
Location: Amarillo, Texas
Job Title: EPC-P Production Controls Engineering Specialist
# of Openings: 5.00
Job Specialty: Production Controls Engineering
What You'll Do
Primary responsibility is to provide technical leadership for capacity planning and simulation of various manufacturing processes for-short and long-term scenarios. Will also provide technical leadership in collaborating on transformation initiatives with various business Subject Matter Experts (e.g., Mission Engineering, Logistics, Explosive Technology, Quality Manufacturing, Enterprise Planning and Controls). Additional responsibilities will be working in cross-functional teams, solve programmatic, production / process issue, integrate production activities across organizational boundaries, analyze programmatic requirements through variance analysis techniques, develop executable weapon program and work center production schedules, and monitor routings for variance through IPRO system routing steps.
What You Can Expect
- Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions vital to national and global security
- Top-notch, dedicated colleagues
- Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization
- Career advancement and professional development programs
- Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and wellness initiatives
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering/science/information technology discipline: Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Master's degree in engineering/science/information technology discipline: Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
Preferred Job Requirements
- Degree in Industrial Engineering or Systems Engineering
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills and ability to analyze and improve physical and system processes
- Manufacturing systems experience including Bills of Materials, routings, time standards, capacity planning and scheduling
- Experience with MRP MES APS and/or ERP software is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (including VBA and Pivot Tables), Access, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal, written (including technical writing) and presentation communication skills
- Familiarity with modeling software (e.g. ExtendSim., Simio, Arena, Flesim, Promodel, SimuI8). the C programming language. basic statistics, PeopleSoft, SAP (PP and MM modules), SQL queries, Linear Programming / Operations Research, Tableau, and SharePoint
- Ability to work with personnel at all levels in the organization and across plant
Why Pantex and Y-12?
You get #morethanajob. We encourage employees to achieve a healthy personal balance among home, work and the community. One of the ways we embrace work-life balance is by offering flexible work arrangements that provide alternatives to the traditional workweek, while still meeting business needs. Top talent and personal commitment mean more to our success than any other factors, so we reward our people with the kinds of benefits that make a positive difference in the quality of their lives. Benefits such as: medical plan, prescription drug plan, vision plan, dental plan, employer matched 401(k) savings plan, disability coverage, education reimbursement and many more. Want to stay healthy and fit but hate the cost of a gym membership? Take advantage of one of our onsite workout facilities and eat healthy in our onsite cafeterias. Much more than a workplace, at Pantex and Y-12, you can build a career that lasts a lifetime.
The minimum education and experience for the lowest career level in the job posting range are listed under Minimum Job Requirements. Successful candidates hired into a higher career level than the minimum in the range must meet the requirements listed in the job leveling charts for the career level into which they are being hired.
If a range of Career Levels is posted, i.e., Senior Associate to Senior Specialist, internal applicants already in one of the Career Levels would come across at their current Career Level. Internal applicants currently in a lower level Career Level would move to the lowest posted Career Level.
Requires a Q clearance; however all qualified candidates will be considered regardless of their current clearance status. The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Q clearance is required.
Position may require entry into Materials Access Areas (MAA) and participation in the Human Reliability Program (HRP). If HRP is required, candidate must complete a counterintelligence-scope polygraph, pursuant to 10CFR 709. Medical requirements may apply.
CNS is a drug-free workplace. Candidates accepting a job offer will be required to pass a pre-placement physical, drug screening and background investigation. As an employee, you may be required to receive and maintain a security clearance from the United States Department of Energy in order to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information or matter. U.S. citizenship is a requirement for security clearance applicants. All employees are subject to being randomly selected for drug testing without advance notification.
CNS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, disability or veteran status.