Restoration Technician - Scenery Hill, PA
RES is the nation’s largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 328 stream miles, 58,024 wetland acres, and rehabilitated, preserved, and/or managed over 15,000 acres of special-status species habitats. RES operations include planting over 17,400,000 restorative trees and reducing over 267 tons of polluting nutrients. RES navigates and streamlines the environmental permitting process with solutions that balance economic development and ecological sustainability through the establishment of mitigation/conservation banks, permittee responsible turnkey mitigation, and corporate social responsibility projects.
RES is looking to find a Restoration technician for our restoration teams across the state. Travel is required throughout the State/Region based on project location. Overnight travel is expected.
The job will consist of 100% fieldwork ranging from invasive brush cutting, tree felling, equipment operation, planting, seeding, and maintenance of natural areas through herbicide application and equipment operations.
What your day-to-day might look like?
What your day-to-day might look like?
- Execute invasive brush clearing, tree felling, planting, seeding, erosion, and sediment controls
- Maintenance of natural areas through herbicide application and equipment operation
- Perform restoration activities, including identifying and protecting native species, identifying, and controlling invasive species, and site clearing
- Loading plant materials at nurseries and other suppliers
- Learning to do plant counts, design, and layout
- Assist with projects related to:
- Stream restoration
- Restoration planting
- Invasive plant removal/management
- Landscape construction
- Plant identification
- Pruning and plant care
- High School degree or equivalent
- Ability to think quickly and adapt required
- Team player- able to operate and adapt within a team
- Experience working on natural resource or water resource infrastructure projects
- Prior experience performing native seed and plant installation, including erosion control measures
- Excellent native plant ID, including winter woody plant identification
- Prior experience spraying herbicide and the ability to study for and pass a test to become a licensed PA/WV Pesticide Applicator
- Experience with repair and maintenance of small engines and equipment is a strong plus
- Prior experience driving large pick-up trucks and hauling trailers preferred
- 1 or more years working in field operations or civil construction
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to obtain and maintain a FedMed Certificate and drive truck and trailer
- Ability to obtain and maintain a pesticide/herbicide license based on state of work
Willing and able to perform and comply with the following items:
- Ability to lift or carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work outside in harsh and under adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, rain, snow, and exposure to insects including ticks and mosquitoes. Exposure to poisonous plants such as poison ivy.
- Ability to walk long distances
- Ability to undertake fieldwork that includes, operating ATVs, tractors, skid steers, and trucks with trailers
- Ability to safely operate chainsaws and gas-powered brush cutters & augers
- Strict adherence to safety protocols, including proper PPE requirements
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RES is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.