2023 Strategy and Management Consulting Summer Analyst
Paid Strategy and Management Consulting Summer Analyst, Washington DC Area
Who are we?
Renaissance Strategic Advisors is a high-end, boutique strategy consulting and M&A advisory firm focused on aerospace, defense, and government markets. Our team provides corporate strategy, market analysis, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advice, and due diligence services. Our clients, with whom we work on the most critical strategic issues, are senior leadership teams of corporations and financial investors globally.
Who are we looking for?
Successful candidates must demonstrate:
- A passion for the aerospace, defense, space, government services, or emerging technology sectors
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with both complex quantitative analysis and problem solving
- Curiosity, energy, positivity and the ability to work in teams in a dynamic environment
Required qualifications and application process
- Ability to be in the Washington, D.C. area from late May to August 2023
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Business, Political Science, Intl Relations, Public Policy or other STEM related subjects
- Internship, work experience, or demonstrated interest in the aerospace, defense, security, or government services sector – OR – with a top consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, or venture capital firm
- Strong acumen in writing for business and dealing face-to-face with clients
- Applicants must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Application requirements include a CV/resume, cover letter, and unofficial university transcripts
- Please submit application materials via your school’s online portal or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Renaissance Strategic Advisors?
We are a 50-person industry-focused team with locations in Arlington VA and London. We work with a broad range of leading, innovative stakeholders in the community. Our clients range from the leading global A&D Fortune 500 companies to start-ups.
Summer Analysts will join a group of multi-disciplinary senior consultants with decades of experience in the sector. They will work to support our global client base alongside talented peer analysts, associates, and senior staff. Analysts are fully integrated members of project teams and provide direct input into deliverables and client briefings. Daily activities will include primary and secondary source research, building market and financial models, and creating client presentations / deliverables. At Renaissance Strategic Advisors:
- Summer Analysts partake in a weeklong training program that includes functional skills in Excel and PowerPoint, advanced research methods, consulting tradecraft, and industry / sector knowledge
- Each Summer Analyst receives a mentor, ensuring individual attention and senior interaction
- Summer Analysts complete client-billable work and participate in the development of internal firm IP
- Summer Analysts also have the opportunity to lead an independent market analysis and take ownership of the deliverable, culminating in a firm-wide presentation to senior management
- We are a tight-knit team that takes considerable pride in maintaining our dynamic and social culture