Artemis Real Estate Partners - Two-Year Analyst Program
Artemis Real Estate Partners is a best-in-class real estate investment management firm with offices in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, New York City, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. We have an Analyst position available within our Acquisitions and Asset Management group. The position involves supporting the firm's acquisitions, asset management, and capital raising efforts. In this capacity, the individual will work with senior management to source, underwrite, and manage new real estate investments.
The two-year Analyst Program is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere of the Artemis Acquisitions and Asser Management groups taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of managing portfolios. The two-year analysts will work across the Artemis teams, building basic skills in financial analysis, accounting and valuation, while working on a wide range of domestic and international transactions.
Our robust 6-week Analyst training begins in June 2023 and has a focus on real estate foundational skills and desktop tools to best prepare for starting on the desk. Throughout the program, you will be exposed to business leaders, practical sessions and have an opportunity to exchange ideas and learn from your peers through various social activities and events.
· Support the development and execution of the firm’s investment strategies.
· Execute the due diligence/underwriting process on potential new investments.
· Prepare Investment Committee memorandums describing potential new investments and participate in the presentations to the Investment Committee.
· Develop and maintain financial models.
· Prepare financial analyses of various investment decisions, such as leasing, financing, and buy/sell decisions.
· Prepare and effectively analyze market data/research.
· Support the execution of business plans for new investments, and provide formal internal updates to senior management on the status of the investments and execution of the business plans
· Review property reports and track operating performance relative to pro forma, forecasts, asset strategies, and investment targets, and prepare summaries and present results.
· Review financials for factual accuracy and consistency.
· Assist with capital raising presentations and other investor relations requests.
· Perform all other duties as required.
· Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, real estate, or another related field strong preferred but not required; Real Estate or banking related internships strongly preferred.
· Financial modeling sufficiency required; understanding of financial analysis, modeling, and valuation, and the ability to use financial and valuation software including Excel and Argus preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation abilities.
· Demonstrate strong critical thinking, judgment, strategic planning, and problem-solving skills.
· Exceptional organizational skills, and ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks under deadline.
· Ability to perform market research and property level due diligence, which will entail frequent travel.
· Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent stakeholder/client relationship management experience required interpersonal skills required
· Strongly preferred candidates with an understanding of finance concepts such as NOI returns, cash flow returns, internal rate of return, present value/discounted cash flow, and capital markets.
Compensation and Benefits:
· Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
· Annual bonus potential
· Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
· 401k plan with employer contribution
About Artemis Real Estate Partners:
Artemis Real Estate Partners was co-founded by Deborah Harmon and Penny Pritzker in 2009 and is headquartered in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Artemis is a real estate investment management firm that seeks to invest with best-in-class local operating partners, both established and emerging, in U.S. commercial real estate including multifamily, office, industrial, retail, hotel, medical office and senior housing, and across opportunistic, value add, and enhanced core strategies. Artemis has raised more than $4.7 billion of investor capital across three commingled value-add/opportunistic fund vehicles, one commingled core plus healthcare real estate fund, and a series of emerging manager separate accounts.
Additional information can be found on our website: www.artemisrep.com.
Artemis Real Estate Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.