People Partner (HR Business Partner)
We are looking for an experienced HR Generalist to join our team to ensure the People department’s operations in the US run smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to Beeflow as a whole.
As part of your job description, you’ll undertake a wide range of HR tasks, like administering employee benefits and leaves, help crafting policies and assisting in the hiring process. You will use HRIS to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. You will ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operation. And you’ll also act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics.
To be successful in this role, you should have a broad knowledge of human resources functions, from hiring to onboarding and from employee compensation to evaluation and solid knowledge of labor law. The person in this role will need to be a masterful problem-solver with strong organizational and planning skills. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity work setting.
This role reports to the Director of People. This position is full-time. This position is hybrid (remote and in-person) based in Somis, CA .
- As one of your first tasks, you will work on the Offfice Improvements Project. This includes:
Manage the relationship with contactors and any other vendors we need to have the office up and running
Buy new furniture and equipment necessary
Manage communications with our team regarding the changes
- Hire an Office Manager that can assist you in the mentioned tasks and that organizes office operations and procedures, such as: organizing the office layout, maintaining the office condition and arrange necessary repairs, manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease, etc.
- Assist in Hiring Processes for the US
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Provide support to employees and resolve any issues that may arise
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, such as staff meetings, celebrations and special events (in-person and online).
- Stay up-to-date and comply with changes in labor legislation
- Administer compensation and benefit plans
- Assist in development and implementation of Company Policies
- Maintain employee files and records in our HRIS (Gusto)
- Conduct employee offboardings
- BSc/BA in Human Resources or relevant field
- Proven experience as an HR Generalist, HR Specialist or similar position
- Familiarity with full cycle recruiting
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Understanding of labor legislation
- Experience using Google Suite (docs, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
Will be a plus:
- Experience working in ag or ag-tech companies
- Experience working in start-up companies
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), like BambooHR, Gusto, etc.
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) like Greenhouse, Workable, etc.
- Training in employment law, compensation, safety, and/or preventive labor relations
- Speaking spanish
You might be a good fit if you believe in our Core Values:
● Putting people first - We focus on creating an environment in which everyone can thrive and get their highest-
impact work done.
● Being passionate about helping build a food system in harmony with nature - We are convinced that we can
make the world a better place for future generations if we listen to and work with nature rather than replacing it
and we’re committed to making that happen.
● Doing things right - We have principles, and we live them every day.
● Staying humble and curious - We are open-minded and humbly seek to challenge the status quo so that we can
● Leading by service - We are humble servants of those with whom we are interdependent. We strive to make
their lives easier by being responsive, flexible, empathetic and curious.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance for the employee and their dependents
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Performance Compensation Opportunities
- A hybrid work schedule that combines in-person and remote models, creating a flexible environment, where you can alternate time in the office with remote work.
- Specific opportunities for growth: semi-annual performance evaluations to detect opportunities for improvement and continuous feedback
- In-company Spanish classes
- Access to training, congresses and/or events related to the role