Computer Scientist-Artificial Intelligence
SRI International's Computer Science Lab (CSL) builds, assesses and defends vital computer systems that affect all of our lives. We study the logical foundations of scalable systems beyond the scope of traditional testing or simulation, and we create and apply high-level tools for rigorous mechanical analysis.
CSL is looking to hire a Computer Scientist to conduct research and development in machine learning with a focus on safe, robust, responsible, and ethical AI (related research described at https://nusci.csl.sri.com/).
- Actively participate in existing and new projects for government and commercial clients
- Co-developing research ideas and leading the experimental evaluation of these ideas
- Documentation in technical reports and research papers
- Some travel will be required to project sites and conference venues
- PhD in Computer Science or related area
- Expertise in machine learning
- Strong CS/Math or aligned background with research in AI/ML
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, advanced prototyping, and software development skills to experimentally evaluate deep learning algorithms
- Strong publication track record