Full Job Description
Who We Are
Big Data Rhino (BDR) is a data, analytics, design, artificial intelligence, and strategy consulting company that helps businesses understand their data so they can make better business decisions that ultimately lead to higher margins.
Why You'll Love It Here
We are inspired by working with storytellers that challenge us to think differently and see the world in new ways. As a result, our business is driven by creative, curious, and inventive people who have a passion for culture and technology. We work as a collective across disciplines and geographies to bring together the best thinking for every assignment, delivering insights to bold storytellers everywhere.
BDR is seeking Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality Intern to join us for our 2022 internship program. By interning with the Business Development Representatives, Machine Learning Operations Manager, and Operations Manager, the intern will be able to develop proficiency in analytical techniques and technologies, which can be applied to future data analytics/data science roles. The AR/VR intern will integrate into our Data Science team to support a wide range of AR/VR needs. The intern will develop an understanding of how research is conducted and how our clients use it to inform their business strategy.
- Start Date: 8-15-2022
- Commitment: 12-24 weeks
- Support the Business Development Representatives team in leveraging AR/VR.
- Assist team in maintaining and developing a codebase to evaluate data and build both custom and productionized client solutions.
- Integrate and draw conclusions from large structured and unstructured datasets, including primary data sources collected through surveys and 3rd party data sources.
- Develop experience in a range of industry standard tools, such as Python, Git/Github, PySpark, AWS, notebooks, and Docker.
- Attend weekly meetings and share your opinions.
Who You Are
- Intellectually curious, analytically rigorous with a strong work ethic and solid business intuition.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic self-starter with an amiably competitive spirit.
- Able to explain complex ideas to non-technical audiences, both verbally and visually.
- Organized and able to plan projects efficiently including an ability to set priorities, problem solve and multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment, often with tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, collaborative creative thinker.
- Excited by AR/VR.
- Critical thinker.
- Strong interest in entertainment and technology industries.
- 1+ year(s) of relevant coursework and/or experience working in AR/VR.
- AR/VR application usage and design.
- Scripts programming experience.
- Candidates must be actively working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree and must be eligible to work in the US. Graduates may qualify if they have finished school within six months of the start of the internship.
This is a remote position. Full time availability for the fall is preferred. The hours of this position will be based on your availability.
BDR provides flexible work options based on your availability.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why do you want to work at BDR?
- Why are you interested in AR/VR?
- What kind of training or experience have you had that has prepared you for this internship?
- What do you hope to gain through this internship?