Business Analyst - Business Applications
Vortex® is made of many teams, but we all share a common goal: Elevating every team member to achieve the personal and career goals that lead to a fulfilling life. Your satisfaction drives our success, and we want you to not only excel in your role, but to gain the skills you need to take the next step. We are constantly seeking out new ways to help you be happier because your creativity and skills make us who we are.
Vortex Optics is looking for a business analyst that is self-motivated and detailed orientated to join our growing business application team. In this role you will be an integral part of selecting systems that create a rare experience for our internal and external customers that set us apart. Are you someone that loves to identify problems and facilitate creating a shared vision to implement the right solution for everyone? If yes, then this job is for you!
Are you wanting to be a part of something that's bigger than yourself? Do you want to immerse yourself into a culture of passion, creativity, and service? We truly believe our onsite work culture captivates this and are excited you are interested in Vortex. Since this is a full-time, onsite position in Barneveld, WI (approximately 30 miles from Madison, WI), relocation assistance may be available.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Facilitate meetings to derive business requirements and foster collaboration between departments
- Identify project constraints and determine the root cause of each
- Provide recommendations, with advantages and disadvantages, that are based on root cause analysis
- Gather detailed business requirements from stakeholders
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements to establish scope
- Communicate project updates with sponsors, stakeholders, and project team members in a timely manner
- Create process models, use case diagrams, and additional documentation
- Serve as project manager, as needed, for projects
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and system processes to provide recommendations for process improvements
- Assist with user acceptance testing for all assigned projects
- Other duties as assigned