Supply Chain/Supply Management Summer 2023 Intern – Undergraduate
CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES
The possibilities at the intersection of medicine and technology are endless, which means endless opportunities to make your mark on the world. Our interns do real work within experienced supply chain teams to improve the lives of millions.
You have learned a lot to get here — and we want you to keep growing. With our expanding portfolio of innovative products and services, Medtronic is the global leader in delivering healthcare solutions for over 70+ disease states in 150+ countries.
Your work may focus on:
- Supply and demand planning
- Developing and driving supply chain optimization
- Driving strategic data analytics
- Executing process improvements
- Building your confidence, network, and skills
These are full-time (40 hours/week), paid positions that are 11-12 weeks long. We offer housing assistance (for out-of-state interns), relocation expense reimbursement, and educational and social events throughout the summer.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Under the direction of your manager, you will:
- Prepare plans for a project you own
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams
- Participate in project reviews
- Implement advances in analytics
- Identify opportunities for productivity and quality improvement
You’re more than a resume – we want to hire, grow, and support you as a person. Whether you’re looking to connect with like-minded peer groups, foster your independence, or something in between, you will always feel at home here. As a Supply Chain or Supply Management Intern, you will have broad exposure to our Supply Chain or Supply Management organizations and leadership teams. Your participation in special projects and strategic initiatives will be critical to overall success of our business strategies.
To be considered for a summer 2023 Supply Chain or Supply Management internship, you must meet the following basic requirements. To be considered for a position, clearly indicate how you meet these criteria on your resume.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Supply Management, or a related field
- Undergraduate with sophomore or junior level standing
- Minimum of a 3.0 out of 4.0 cumulative GPA
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa in the future
- Participants must be able to participate full time (40 hours/week) as part of our intern cohort:
- Monday, June 5 - Friday, Aug. 18
NICE TO HAVE:
- Prior work on projects in a team environment
- Leadership experience in student groups, volunteer experience, and related extracurriculars
- Relevant academic project and/or internship experience
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies, and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.