Investment Operations & Business Analyst
Are you interested in being a part of the mission to cure cancer at MSK? We are excited to recruit an Investment Operations & Business Analyst to join our Investment Management Division (IMD)!
In pursuit of exceptional patient care, innovative research, and outstanding educational programs, we manage long-term investment assets in excess of $9 billion. These assets are invested in a sophisticated mix of diversified strategies on a global basis, overseen by Committees of the Board and stewarded by IMD.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute and advance our work by collaborating on the monthly portfolio performance reporting process, helping to implement process and technology improvements, and by providing support on all investment operations involving funds and directly traded positions.
Additionally, our team has established career ladders to mobilize talent, embraces flexibility, and enjoys the new approach to hybrid work!
- Reconcile and contribute to monthly valuation, transaction, and performance reporting across all portfolios, composites, and investments
- Improve the processes of distributing portfolio reports and review content summarizing investment activities, performance statistics, exposures, and liquidity
- Ensure the accuracy of other large analytical data sets and transform reporting into digestible and actionable information by the team
- Confirm timely and accurate settlement of direct trading activities, assisting with monitoring daily collateral with counterparties and cash management
- Coordinate required documentation and ensure transaction settlements for subscriptions, redemptions, cash flows, and invoice payments
- Enable seamless business operations by providing cross coverage and support on additional functions including audit, tax, operational due diligence, regulatory/legal, compliance, and preparation of Board Committee materials
- Mentor Interns in the IMD, and build trusting and collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- Be at the center of all IMD does in support of MSK’s mission
- 2+ years of demonstrated professional achievement relevant to investments, investment operations, and/or portfolio reporting, preferably with another institutional investor or as a service provider working with institutional investors
- Familiarity with multi-asset class portfolios, fund investments as well as direct investments including derivatives
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 applications, particularly Excel
- The ability to improve and automate workflows associated with investment activities and reporting
- A willingness to learn and apply expertise in coding, new tools, and technology systems, including business intelligence and task automation tools
- Strong critical reasoning, curiosity, analytical training, and excellent written and verbal communication
- An ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial team environment, keen attention to detail, a proven ability to work independently and under pressure, and a high degree of judgment and integrity
We'd love to review a cover letter highlighting your interest in the role.