The candidate will be working independently as a Vulnerability Researcher to identify flaws in software. The candidate must be familiar with the latest techniques in vulnerability research and demonstrate their ability to follow best practices. Individual must be extremely detail oriented when documenting their research.
- MUST be a US citizen who is willing and eligible to be sponsored for a US government security clearance.
- Must hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Math or Physics (or be within one year of completion, no exceptions to degree type)
- Strong C, ASM, and Python development experience
- Reverse engineering utilizing any of IDA, Ghidra, or Binary Ninja
- Experience with dynamic and static binary analysis & fuzzing techniques
- Extensive experience with debuggers (GDB, ADB, etc.)
- Experience auditing code for security vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to self-drive research tasking
- Motivated to learn complex systems
- Performing full system emulation for research and analysis
- Understanding of network protocols
- Experience reading and writing assembly (ARM, x86/x64)
- Understanding of OS Internals (any major OS)
Remote work is not an option.
We do offer relocation assistance. Please see our careers page or inquire with your recruiter about terms and conditions.
Please be aware that you are applying for a position to work as a federal contractor. As such, Cipher Tech will require, and your employment will be subject to, such vaccinations as are required by federal, state, and local law requirements.
Be aware that you are applying for a job that requires a U.S. Government Security Clearance and requires the work be performed on site in an office, therefore, remote work is not possible.
If you do not already hold a US government security clearance, we do have the ability to sponsor you for one, however be advised that this can be a multi-year process.
The U.S. government will not issue security clearances to current or recent users of illegal drugs. On your application to us, you must acknowledge that you have not engaged in any illegal drug use within the past twelve months (illegal drug use includes, but is not limited to, the use of illegal substances, the misuse of prescriptions, the misuse of over-the-counter substances, and the use of medical or recreational marijuana that may be deemed legal at the state level but is still considered illegal by the federal government).
NOTE: CIPHER TECH WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY, INCLUDING ILLEGAL DRUG USERS WHO HAVE RECENTLY SOUGHT PROFESSIONAL TREATMENT FOR A DRUG PROBLEM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.