Operations Associate (Customer Service Associate) - Bilingual
Join the team at The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, featured in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 Minutes for its revolutionary teacher salaries and its outstanding results. TEP aims to achieve educational equity for students from low-income families by utilizing world-class teachers, while re-imagining the teaching profession as a place in which teachers prioritize their own growth as pedagogical experts and community leaders.
About the Role
Given The Equity Project's revolutionary model, this is an amazing opportunity for an individual who is passionate about working directly with the local community of Washington Heights within our Early Childhood Campus, home to TEP's Kindergarten and 1st Grade students and families.
We are looking for a bilingual professional who can run front-facing communications and support daily operations for our school's main office. The Operations Associate is someone who is highly organized, a problem-solver and a strong communicator. This person must be a motivated individual who has the ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced atmosphere and can effectively prioritize. In addition, the Operations Associate will embrace the vision of The Equity Project by setting the highest standard of excellence and by proactively identifying challenges and solutions for our school.
Community Support & Service
- Act as the primary point of contact for families and other visitors, maintaining high levels of customer service
- Answer all phone calls and emails from families, community members, etc. in a timely fashion
- Ensure the main office space is always beautiful, organized, and welcoming for families and visitors
- Manage outgoing school communication via mailers, newsletters, etc.
- Manage procurement of office supplies; maintain the main office, including printers and copiers.
- Support various school events, such as parent teacher conferences, open houses, concerts, etc.
- Oversee various special projects including Photo Day, Vision Screening, and Family Surveys
- Enter and maintain data in various Student Information Systems
- Maintain student files; make sure health records are up to date
- Support the student recruitment process by collecting applications, enrolling students, etc.
- Coordinate all Early Childhood student transportation logistics through the Office of Pupil Transportation (yellow bus, SPED busing and MetroCards)
- Complete Spanish fluency required (candidates who are not fluent in Spanish will not be considered)
- Proficiency in Excel
- Working knowledge of school systems preferred
- Excels at customer service and interpersonal relationships by listening attentively, building trust, communicating clearly, and interacting with others respectfully at all times
- Demonstrates very strong organizational skills and detail orientation, with a keen awareness that getting the details right is critical to organizational success
- Is a systems-oriented thinker who analyzes information thoughtfully and develops sustainable systems that promote efficiency and improve outcomes
- Receptive to feedback and eager to learn and grow in an active, mission-driven environment
- And . . . loves interacting with people!
- The opportunity to join an experienced, diverse, and mission-driven team that is passionate about educational equity
- Compensation: Competitive annual salary in the range of $58,500 to $65,000, based on the individual’s experience level
- Time Off: 6 weeks of vacation (which includes school vacation days)
- Guidance and Mentorship: Reports directly to TEP's Early Childhood Director of Operations
- Employee Wellness: We value your well-being through our Staff Food Program, Staff Retreats, and Wellness Programming
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance policies
- Family Focus: Parental leave and dependent care account so you can care for your loved ones
- 403b Retirement Plan: We care about your ability to save for your future
- Learning & Development: A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, including tuition and continuous learning reimbursements
NOTE: In adherence with Department of Health guidelines, all charter school staff is required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Next Steps: TEP is currently reviewing applications on a rolling basis. If you submit both a cover letter and resume, you will receive a response from us as to whether or not you will be invited to the next stage of the process.