Exempt (regular full time)
Job Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, and Requirements
Production Manager is a “hands on” position (75% on the floor). Will lead Pilot Line, Production and Repair work. A prime candidate will be someone with strong leadership, mechanical abilities and a willingness to learn.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
1. Attention to detail and knowledge of manufacturing quality is required
2. Reads and understands assembly instructions, drawings and work orders
3. Must be able to perform Advanced Assembly Procedures, will include detailed hardware installation, plus in-process and final assembly of a wide variety of parts, and models
4. Able to efficiently use computers, MS Office Suite and custom programs (MES/ERP)
5. Able to understand basic principles of gas flow, units of pressure, voltage, resistance, torque
6. Will manage to objectives and measure performance in multiple categories.
7. Must maintain clearly legible documentation, and device travelers
8. Must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors
9. Able to understand, comply and lead Safety Practices and ISO Class 6-7 Clean-room Practices
10. Manages the facility preventive maintenance and tooling requirements for daily/weekly/monthly logging
11. Knowledge of common hand tools, torque wrenches and demonstrated mechanical capabilities
12. Demonstrated ability to multi-task; balance floor leadership with reporting and other management requirements
13. Use and knowledge of epoxy resins and proper handling
14. Able to train and mentor new technicians or others.
15. Has ability to author new documents, run experiments and tests, and assist in quality root cause and corrective actions
16. Dynamically reassign staff to meet business goals and real time demands
Support R&D/Engineering as necessary; Responsible for facilities management
Education And/Or Experience
College or Trade School degree and 5+ years’ leadership experience in related field required. Must have effective written and verbal English communication skills. Must be able to follow verbal and written, detailed directions, meet deadlines, and operate as a team member. Supervisory training and experience required.
Must be able to receive and execute safety and Copy exact training
Must pass all Pivotal training requirements and certifications.
Language, Mathematical, And/or Reasoning Ability
English (fluent) written and spoken
Pick up and lift up to 50lbs, no allergies to latex, no asthma. Must be able to detect colors.
Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for an entire shift. Must be able to sit, stand, or crouch down for extended periods. Use of hairnets, latex gloves, shoe coverings, and lab coats is required at all times. Must be comfortable working with magnifying glasses, microscopes, and tweezers. No sensitivity to latex, epoxies, glues or solvents.