IT Data Analyst Summer Internship 2023
IT : Data Analyst/Scientist Internship
Application Deadline: October 16, 2022
Help build and deliver applications that keeps the world’s largest family owned winery running with leading edge technology! Our award-winning Information Technology department is looking for great talent (like you) to fill business system analysis, data analysis and developer/programmer summer internship positions.
If you aspire to work among a distinguished set of individuals and thrive in a career that is part of a dynamic industry expected to double in the next ten years, you’ll love what Gallo has to offer. You’ll be surrounded by team members from top tier undergraduate programs, get to work with some of the best technology and software in the world, and you’ll find yourself working side-by-side with cross-functional groups such as Marketing, Sales, Finance, Manufacturing, Winemaking and Research & Development.
This flexible internship program will allow you to develop either business, data or technical skills through project rotations within the Application Development, Business Analysis and/or Data Services teams. Our program is one that leverages your skills, interests and educational experiences so you can quickly add value and grow as an individual.
Your journey in the internship program is just the beginning as we view our internship program as a critical pipeline to fill our full-time positions.
Gallo's corporate offices are in Modesto, California, in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. Modesto enjoys sunshine more than three quarters of the year. It’s the perfect place for the outdoor enthusiast. Visit the beautiful San Francisco bay area or play outdoors in the Sierra Nevadas and Yosemite National Park.
- Understand and document inputs and outputs of data to support continuous development
- Excited about driving insights and telling a story about data by developing compelling dashboards
- Mining data to identify patterns for predictive insights
- Model structured and unstructured data to participate in the development of machine learning and other advanced analytical models
- High school diploma or State-issued Equivalency certificate.
- Currently enrolled at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree OR Masters degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Data Analytics, Informatics, Marketing Research, or Applied/Quantitative Psychology.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Capable of working with data in Python, R and SQL.
- Familiar with advanced statistical concepts such as random forests, ensemble methods, L-Nearest Neighbors, K-Means, etc.
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Junior or Senior class standing at a college or university working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Data Analytics, Marketing Research, or Applied/Quantitative Psychology.
- Previous experience/internship in technology.
- Knowledge or experience working with cloud ecosystems such as AWS.
- Previous experience working in a collaborative development environment.
- Exposure to development languages and environments such as Spark and Hive.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.