Intern, Product Development Support
In this internship position, the candidate will have the opportunity to learn from world class leaders in hydroelectric digitalization, automation, design, training, and operations. This opportunity affords the selected candidate both a broad and deep view of the hydro operations, hydroelectric equipment, trends within Hydro Power generation, and knowledge transfer in support of sustainable operations.
- Participate directly in the planning and execution of an integrative approach to document, train, and market our knowledge and products
- Progress initial efforts to document/train/market new offerings
- Progress existing training materials to a more modern standard for both internal and external audiences
- Participate in survey development for use with internal and external stakeholders to solicit unmet needs and to validate relevance of various products and priorities with end customers
- Report on activities to senior management and share insights gathered to inform alignment with market trends, corporate goals, and customer needs
* This description is not all encompassing, however, is intended to be a general description of the responsibilities of this position.
- Experience working with corporate style guides
- Developing templates
- Experience with quick start, user/operation manual, installation manual
- Experience with editing (and/or creating) images and illustrations as needed
- Conversational knowledge of PLC's and control systems, wireless technology, and web browser applications
- Proficient in written English (The Elements of Style - Strunk and White, or similar)
- Proficient with MS Teams (Teams, Channels, Files/Folders, MS Word)
Voith US Inc. is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA compliant Federal Contractor and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry including people of color, LGBTQI+ community, women, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), Veterans, people of any age or family status. We embrace the competitive advantage that diversity brings and we strive to create a working environment that is inclusive of thought and talent.