Engineering Consultant, Rotational Program
WHAT WE DO:
Headquartered in Atlanta with locations globally, Fortna is an award winning, end-to-end design-build firm whose expertise spans over seven decades of service. Founded in 1946, we provide strategy, automation design & systems integration, and warehouse execution software to the world’s most recognized brands, helping them improve their distribution operations and transform their businesses.
WHAT SETS US APART:
At Fortna, our three mission-critical pillars connect our people across the globe and help distinguish us as a leader in the marketplace.
- Our PEOPLE are at the heart of everything we do. We are guided by a set of business principles and ethics that are baked into the excellence we bring to each project from start to finish.
- Our PASSION unites our Associates through our shared passion and commitment to integrity, hard work and a collaborative approach. We love what we do, and it shows.
- We PROMISE to be accountable, to act with integrity and deliver results for our Clients. Our diverse team of global Associates work as “One Team” to deliver on our promises to Clients.
These 3 vital pillars are the foundation of our Fortna Difference. Fortna aims to serve as a partner committed to a relationship that delivers real, measurable enterprise value that extends for years beyond the conclusion of an individual project. This unique model is has propelled our growth, and this has helped us significantly outpace out industry.
The Fortna Leadership and Development Rotation (LADR) Program is a 1-year, rotational program committed to the accelerated development of entry-level Professional Services and Engineering talent with a passion for technology, automation, and professional services coupled with a drive for exceptional client service. Through intense training and a variety of business-critical assignments, technical and business skills are developed. LADR graduates have the technical and business foundation to make innovative contributions that help our clients be successful in a dynamic world.
- The program consists of the following tracks: Project Management, Consulting, Engineering, Electrical Controls Engineering, Commercial, Lifecycle Services, and Software Development.
- Each participant’s rotations differ throughout the 12-month program, but all provide the opportunity for cross-functional experience within the company
- Program members are all full-time Fortna associates who must relocate to Atlanta, GA to assure their development and assimilation into the business
- Program participants will benefit from an extensive peer network of past LADR associates, gain exposure to senior leaders, cross-business projects, and leadership opportunities.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
LADR program members at Fortna experience technically challenging rotations that are driven by opportunities to solve our clients’ toughest distribution problems.
Project Management Track
- Assisting in the development of project plans, project schedules, project organization plans and project charters.
- Supporting the delivery of a project in accordance with the project business plan and supporting the financial management and analysis of projects including budgets, cash flow, expenses, and staffing.
- Writing and delivering high quality documentation and analysis and fostering positive communication between internal teams, building general contractors, city/county permitting and inspection officials, subcontractors, and the client.
- Responsible for data gathering, analysis, research, knowledge capture, and data modeling using Fortna’s proprietary tools and package tools for financial and operational modeling, supporting delivery of solutions including business process redesign, distribution center (DC) design and organizational design.
- Writing and delivering high quality documentation and analysis and developing specific technical expertise, e.g., network modeling, DC design, operations implementation, etc.
- Assisting in the development of mechanical and electrical concept and detailed design packages, equipment RFPs & Purchase Order requisitions.
- Attending training to develop an understanding of material handling equipment, application, and Fortna design tooling and processes.
- Supporting on-site machine control commissioning and testing, e.g. I/O checkout, functional testing, equipment fault diagnosis.
- Bachelor’s degree with evidence of strong performance in supply chain, business, software, or engineering curricula
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work effectively on a team and support high levels of performance
- Ability to develop structured problem-solving skills
- High level comprehension of financial analysis
- Ability to utilize good facilitation skills
- Ability to develop research skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Desire to continually add value to and ensure accuracy and quality in all work performed
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally approximately 50% of the time