Operations Leadership Development Program - ES OLDP (Full Time Onsite)
ES Operations Leadership Development Program (Full Time Onsite)
Apply externally here:
Operations Leadership Development Program - ES OLDP (Full Time Onsite) in Nashua, New Hampshire, United States | Manufacturing & Maintenance at BAE Systems
About the Leadership Development Program
How does it feel to work on a team driven to make a big impact? Empowering. We believe your career should always be growing. And that’s exactly what it will do at BAE Systems as part of our Leadership Development Program (LDP). The LDP is designed to accelerate the development and career of highly-motivated entry-level individuals or recent college graduates who aspire to achieve their leadership potential. This is accomplished through challenging and rewarding rotational assignments, technical and leadership training, advanced education, leadership opportunities and exposure, and mentorship. You’ll hit the ground running with a company truly committed to your growth as you enjoy a special camaraderie on a team dedicated to protecting what really matters.
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site
As an Operations Leadership Development Program (OLDP) participant, you will gain:
- Experience: The OLDP consists of three, one-year rotations; each with increasing responsibility. It is designed to provide diverse set of experiences within Operations areas and disciplines. OLDP participants are also exposed to a variety of networking opportunities and strategic project initiatives.
- Diversity: The OLDP's affiliation with other BAE Systems leadership development programs enables participants to work in cross-functional and cross-site rotational assignments.
- Flexibility: The OLDP provides a great deal of flexibility and choice for program participants. This flexibility includes OLDP participant input of 2nd and 3rd rotational assignments and/or geographic location.
- Education: Participants are required to complete a graduate degree on a part-time basis. The school and specific degree (MBA, Mechanical Engineering, etc.) is left up to the candidate, providing it is applicable to the business. BAE Systems provides tuition assistance for this degree.
- Opportunity to travel: BAE Systems has locations worldwide with our OLDP primarily rotating to locations within the United States. Your first rotation will be at one of our major locations. These assignments can change based on business need. Your second and third rotations may be at any of our locations nationwide.
- Mentorship: A mentor is assigned to each OLDP participant to expose them to diverse and challenging experiences, while providing guidance in choosing rotations, career development, and off-program placement.
- Personal growth: The program seeks to facilitate the growth of an individual's leadership skills through an annual, week-long leadership development conference (LDC). This conference provides personalized leadership training as well as an opportunity to network with senior BAE Systems executives and other leadership development program participants across the company.
The OLDP is a three-year rotational program designed to develop high potential, entry-level individuals into future leaders. You’ll have the opportunity to experience assignments in several operational functions, business areas, and product groups nationwide.
Rotational examples include:
- Process Engineer
- Supply Chain Planner
- Industrial Engineer
- Production Control/Manufacturing Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Operations Program Specialist
- Value Stream Specialist/Supervisor
- Subcontract Administrator
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Manufacturing, Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, etc.), Supply Chain Management, Quality (or other applicable majors)
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities in academic and non-academic pursuits
- Participation in a variety of extracurricular activities
All candidates must be able to:
- Consider relocation during the rotational program
- Start at one of our major ES locations: (in alpha order)
- Austin, TX
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- Fort Wayne, IN
- Greenlawn/Endicott, NY
- Huntsville, Al
- Manassas, VA
- Nashua/Merrimack/Hudson/Manchester, NH
- Wayne, NJ
- Obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities
- Advanced communication skills
- Growth Mindset – willingness to learn
- Listening / Feedback
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.