Weapon System Lethality Analyst (SME)
Lethality Analyst (SME) (E20-22-1256-F):
Bowhead is looking for new team members in their support to the Navy’s Weapons Systems Munitions Integration and Hypersonics division. Bowhead seeks analysts to perform Target Vulnerability characterizations and Weapon System effectiveness analyses. The position will interface with weapons design analysts, other subject matter experts, and technical personnel model targets and analyze the effects of weapon systems against them.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Define threat systems, understand their subsystems (e.g., propulsion, fire control, etc.) and then develop a Target Geometric Model and associated Fail Analysis Logic Trees
• Combine the Target Vulnerability models and weapon characterizations to assess encounters between a weapon and target with the goal of determining the overall probability of kill (Pk) or system effectiveness based upon delivery accuracy. These analyses are generally performed using a Monte Carlo simulation and are performed in support of weapons system acquisition, service procurement, and employment
• Prepare documentation and support configuration management guidelines
• A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline. Concentrations in the following academic areas would be of benefit: Vector calculus, statistics, statics, mechanics (3-Degrees of Freedom), dynamics (6-Degrees of Freedom), and Strength of Materials
• Critical thinking
• Experience with Matlab, Python scripting, and SOLIDWORKS are a plus
• Ability to work independently and interface professionally with other government agencies, contractors, military personnel
• Ability to define task details, estimates, and schedules using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word)
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.