Financial Planning Analyst Summer Intern 2023
Financial Planning Analyst Summer Intern
Intern locations: New York City
Link Logistics Real Estate (“Link”) owns and operates the largest U.S.-only portfolio of logistics real estate, leasing warehouse space to everyone from e-commerce giants to mom-and-pop shops. Established by Blackstone in 2019, we combine scale, cutting-edge technology, and logistics expertise to help our customers grow their businesses. Our portfolio includes more than 500 million square feet in dynamic markets nationwide. About 5 percent of U.S. GDP—translating to some $1 trillion every year—flows through the space Link customers occupy in our facilities.
Because we believe that good business must be synonymous with doing good, strong environmental, social and governance practices are foundational to our identity as a firm. These practices include setting ambitious goals to combat climate change, partnering with local nonprofits, and prioritizing internal diversity, equity and inclusion efforts. We seek to use our position, ideas and influence to drive progress in our industry and the wider world.
At Link, we give our customers space to grow—and we give people space to grow, too. Our paid 10-week summer internship program helps students gain valuable experience and develop business skills while learning the basics of commercial and industrial real estate. We offer internships in 12 departments including Capital Markets, Construction, Development, Financial Planning & Analysis, Investments, Leasing, Property Management, Marketing and more.
Link is looking for actively enrolled juniors (rising seniors) who would be interested in a real estate internship on our FP&A team in this upcoming summer. Summer interns will have the opportunity to become exposed to several markets and properties across the industrial spectrum and can expect to have close interaction with the broader accounting team.
What You Will Bring
- Exposed to the acquisitions and onboarding processes that involve planning, supporting budgeting and forecasting tools, to help determine financial goals and related guidance, communicating process and guidance to teams in the field, and reporting on results to field teams.
- Operate in a time sensitive and critical output environment therefore attention to detail and ability to perform under pressure is critical.
- Help to create and analyze variance reporting to understand key differences versus underwriting and tenant charges, reforecasting, and annual budgets.
- Work closely with the teams across the organization to ensure cross-unit collaboration and to support the asset management, property management and leasing efforts.
- Communicate findings and conclusions of analyses through Excel, PowerPoint charts, Power BI dashboards and brief write-ups.
- Understand a multitude of financial systems and processes to provide support as needed. Perform special ad hoc projects and analysis as needed.
- Current junior (rising senior) undergraduate student at an accredited four-year institution
- Pursuing a degree in accounting, finance, real estate, economics, mathematics, or related field
- Strong interest in commercial real estate asset management and investment (no formal experience required)
- Basic understanding of real estate investment and financing processes including, but not limited to, market analysis, financial analysis, property valuation and capital markets
- Exceptional knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills since interaction with senior level management will be required
- Must be actively enrolled for consideration of internship
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email email@example.com