Weekend Warehouse Supervisor
Grove Collaborative has ecommerce fulfillment centers located in PA, NV, and MO. To support our growth and continue delighting our customers, we currently have an opening for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to join our amazing team in Elizabethtown, PA, on our Weekend Shift, Friday through Sunday, 4:30 am to 5:00 pm, with some flexibility for coverage as needed. You'll be on the front lines contributing to awesome member experiences! You will report to an Operations Manager and be responsible for leading high service level operations.
- Manage day-to-day activities with responsibility for the overall safety, quality, performance, teamwork and member experience of your shift.
- Set and clarify departmental requirements and expectations while creating an environment of teamwork, collaboration and open communication
- Understand safety procedures, ensure safe working practices and document accidents/incidents timely
- Prioritize meeting deadlines appropriately
- Exhibit professional behavior while coping well with ambiguity and change
- Drive results and approach obstacles proactively.
- Ensure company policies are communicated and enforced consistently.
- Source and nurture ideas and roll them into the creation of improvement plans.
- Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and within the entire organization.
- Work closely with other departments to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives.
- Track production metrics and utilize data to develop strategies for continuous improvement and report to management.
- Assist with the establishment of long-term operational strategic plans
- Recognize top performance, coaching and progressive discipline for poor performance.
- Propose and implement improvements in equipment and processing methods.
- Conduct time-card review daily and weekly to ensure pay accuracy.
- Complying with OSHA and other safety regulations
- Ensure adherence to the highest quality, efficiency, and ethical standards in operations
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean, neat and well-organized.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations, engineering or a related field or equivalent experience plus 3-5 years leadership/supervisory experience in developing teams of 100 employees within in a Fulfillment or Distribution environment
- On the job experience working and leading a successful team of at least 3 - 5 years in a warehouse environment
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise and polished
- Natural coach who gives feedback in real time to help your team exceed expectations. Positive, ambitious, energetic, hardworking with a strong work ethic
- Proven ability to lead process improvements through the lean process or Kaizen, as well as, provide solutions when problem solving. Dedicated to quality and high standards. Experienced with performance metrics with some analytical with problem solver abilities
- A team player who respects co-worker's opinions, treating everyone with courtesy. Able to communicate effectively and take direction
- Dependable, responsible, reliable, and mature. Exceptional listener who is well organized and has an eye for detail
- Able to work in a team environment, provide honest and direct feedback. Able to handle ambiguity, changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Proven history of illustrating a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all requests promptly, thoroughly and timely
- Experienced in MS Office, other operating systems, warehousing systems and applications such as Warehouse Management Systems (ShipHawk, HighJump, etc.)
- Comfortable working in an environment where there are forklifts, machinery, large trucks, and other standard or substandard warehouse equipment. Ability to repetitively lift up to 50lbs. and to stand/walk for 8+ hours. Must be able to stand, walk, bend, squat, on a frequent to continual basis in a warehouse environment and reach above shoulder level frequently. Ability to work in an environment where the temperatures vary with season. Ability to work in a loud work environment (Loud production/manufacturing/ forklift machinery)
- Valid Driver’s License & Valid Forklift Operator Certification (We will train!). Reliable means of transportation to meet the needs of the position.
- Ability to work legally in the United States.
- Ability to pass a background check
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.