Air Research Lab Support
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full time Air Research Lab Support position with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Salary: $30.76 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of general laboratory procedures and techniques that include but are not limited to standard curve preparation and solvent extraction;
- Experience in gas chromatography and mass spectrometry;
- Experience in the use of analytical chemistry methodology; and
- Strong organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Master’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, chemistry, material science, or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Office of Research and Development at the EPA supports high-quality research to improve the scientific basis for decisions on national environmental issues and help EPA achieve its environmental goals. Research is conducted in a broad range of environmental areas by scientists in EPA laboratories and at universities across the country.
EPA’s Chemical Safety for Sustainability (CSS) national research program is to enhance scientific approaches for understanding current and emerging chemicals, and how this is essential for effective environmental decision making under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) amended by the Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act. EPA is rapidly expanding the scientific foundation for understanding and managing risk from emerging contaminants.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Master’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Managing laboratory instrumentation and supporting documentation;
- Conducting chamber testing;
- Collating and performing analysis of data generated in the indoor air laboratory; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email EPANSSC@ORAU.org