ENGINEER - RESEARCH ENGINEER - ELECTRONIC WARFARE
Who We Are:
The System Engineering Section performs Electronic Warfare programs involving RF/antenna design, system/hardware design and communications signal processing engineering. Applications include a variety of platforms including shipboard, submarine and airborne platforms
Objectives of this Role:
- Support system engineering design, hardware development, engineering documentation, analysis, implementation, and test functions.
- Participate as a system/hardware engineer on project teams developing Direction Finding, Signal Acquisition, and Electronic Warfare systems.
- Participate in internal research programs involving RF/antenna and communications signal processing technology.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Perform system engineering functions that include design, develop, test, and support RF subsystems for communications applications, including radio direction finding, signal acquisition, and electronic warfare programs.
- Assist with communications signal processing algorithm development efforts and software configuration implementation.
- Activities will include work at SwRI laboratories and may include short-term travel, both international and domestic, to government facilities and military bases for technical meetings and system installation.
- Prepare technical documents, engineering drawings and support proposal preparations.
- Have direct interface with SwRI senior engineering staff and with customers conveying technical information clearly and professionally.
- Requires an Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 0-5 years: Experience/knowledge in RF and antenna systems, communications system design/testing, software implementation/scripting, and communications signal processing is required
- Must be familiar with MATLAB, Linux, and C/C++
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required
- Experience/knowledge/interest in computer electronics, system networking, and hardware/software integration
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Defense & Intelligence Solutions home page.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/N