Software Security Research Engineer
Stellar Cyber is a groundbreaking cyber security company focused on helping organizations secure their environments easily and impactfully while dramatically reducing costs with its innovative Open XDR platform.
We are looking for a Security Research Engineer with a passion for security analysis to promote the risk reduction and cost savings of organizations that adopt Stellar Cyber’s Open XDR platform.
- Understanding of Stellar Cyber’s product in depth
- Understanding of MITRE ATT&CK Framework, Cyber Kill Chain, Unify Kill Chain
- Research and reproduce real-world attacks with adversary simulation tools
- Follow up, understand, and reproduce offensive security techniques published in industry conferences such as BlackHat and DefCon.
- Build Stellar Cyber’s red-team infrastructure for threat research and customer demos
- Develop integration of threat intelligences platforms with Stellar Cyber’s product
- Collaborate and conduct purple teaming with team members on defensive security and machine learning to improve Stellar Cyber’s security detection and incident investigation.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science with at least three years of experience in the security field, or PhD in Computer Science with a research focus on security and/or software systems
- Comprehensive knowledge on networking, operating systems, web servers, firewalls, proxies, and cloud systems
- Experience with designing and reproducing real-world attacks (e.g., APT attacks) with adversary simulation tools such as Metasploit, Atomic Red Team, and CALDERA
- Experience with vulnerability research and exploit development
- Experience with Docker, VM and virtualization technologies in general
- Experience with design and development of software systems, including but not limited to distributed systems, microservices, and etc, using Python or Java
- Willingness and enthusiasm to keep up with new technologies and tools
- Proficient in text-based communication (e.g., Slack) and can succinctly write technical documentation.
We pride ourselves in recognizing our employees. Here are some examples of our benefits program:
· Pre-IPO Stock Options
· Medical, Dental & Vision care
· Employee Assistance Program
· Employee Discount Program
· Life Insurance
· Paid time off
· Referral Program
· Rewards and Recognition Program