BD Supply Chain Development Program – Supply Chain Development Program Associate
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics, and the delivery of care. We have over 70,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
This is an entry level position to enable the successful candidates to establish a solid Supply Chain foundation. Supply Chain Development Program Associates rotate through a variety of experiences within NASC (North American Supply Chain). Depending on whether the role is within a DC (Distribution Center) or in our Northern New Jersey office, rotations can look different. Key functional areas for rotation include Order Management, North America Transportation, Distribution, Metrics and Analytics, Supply Chain Relations, and Inventory Optimization.
In each of the rotations, associates are expected to participate and lead projects that drive positive business outcomes while also building an understanding of key processes, systems, and analytics specific to each area. Every associate entering the program is encouraged to obtain their Lean Six Sigma Certification in their first year.
Adjustments to this rotation program are subject to change based on business need.
Rotations (location, duration, focus and area of rotation may vary)
- Projects within the Order Management team may cover E-Business and/or Order Management business process improvement. The associate will gain knowledge of our E-Business team, responsible for managing our electronic transmissions with our business partners and opportunity to drive process improvements in the Order Management function. Potential for travel to the North America Shared Service Center in San Antonio, TX and/or our DCs.
- Projects within the North America Transportation team are focused on managing our carrier base and improving efficiencies, cost and service levels. The associate will be exposed to transportation operations and learn process & data flows between various systems, learn carrier routings and services as well as operational requirements, constraints and supporting analytics.
- Projects within the Distribution Operations team will consist of initiatives focused on warehouse specific activities as well as the corporate management of a multiple Distribution Center network. The associate will gain exposure to DC Operations and will understand data, physical and process flows, analytics, systems, operational requirements, and constraints. Opportunity for travel to multiple Distribution Centers within the US.
Supply Chain Relations:
- Projects within the Supply Chain Relations team will provide an in-depth view of our key customer networks supporting different Channel Partners and supply chain models. The associate will have the opportunity to work on strategic initiatives that are mutually beneficial to BD and our customers.
- Projects within Inventory Optimization will bring together many parts of the North American Supply Chain functions to collaborate with our Planning partners in the business units. The associate will have the opportunity to work on data driven supply chain opportunities that will improve efficiency in the end-to-end supply chain in North America. The team is focused on inventory solutions with our DC teams to drive slotting, inventory health and labor efficiency with visibility tools.
Metrics & Analytics:
- Projects within Metrics & Analytics team will provide visibility and one source of truth to the financial data within NASC. This data allows for tactical and strategic decision making within our DCs and Transportation. This team is responsible for building our metrics dashboards and making our focus visible to drive improvement. This team is central to our CTW (Cost to Win) focus to deliver meaningful cost savings programs for NASC.
- Collect, check for accuracy, and analyze quantitative and qualitative data from internal and external sources; analyze performance trends; perform diagnostics to identify potential causes of performance deterioration or improvement; identify potential corrective actions and improvement opportunities
- Hands on learning particularly in the DCs within the DC operational floor learning DC processes
- Develop Project Management skills by first participating on projects to learn best practices with the goal of being able to lead projects independently.
- Collaborate across business functions and potentially regions to participate in key projects to solve supply chain issues
- Participate in periodic conference calls with external parties like key channel partners, carriers and vendors to review performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Special project work as assigned
- Recently completed BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management or Engineering upon start of the program.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Open to relocation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction as to duration.
- Prior internship/co-op experience in Supply Chain
- Experience in SAP or JDE ERP systems
In order to be considered for this role, please apply directly on BD's career page at jobs.bd.com. Please search R-449389 to find this posting.
In order to qualify for this position, applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.