Senior Equity Research Analyst
Voya Investment Management is seeking an experienced analyst to join our Equity Team covering a variety of strategies including AI, Cloud, and other Thematic strategies. In this role, you will play an integral role with the team in all aspects of the investment process and assist with the active management of several strategies. The Equity Research Analyst can expect to have meaningful interaction with senior professionals both internally and externally with management teams. The role is based in our San Francisco office and will consider those outside of the Bay Area with willingness to relocate.
- Generate new investment ideas primarily focused on innovations in the consumer and technology sectors with a specific focus on Europe.
- Conduct due diligence for potential investments including modelling, interacting with senior management and customers/partners.
- Support the management of existing portfolios including daily trading & monitoring, monthly reporting and commentary, fundamental research & financial modeling, and marketing & client support.
- Maintain and enhance presentations, whitepapers and marketing collateral related to our thematic innovation strategies.
- Active participation in company and sell side analyst meetings, industry conferences, portfolio company discussions and decisions.
- Strong interest in technological innovation and the ramifications for public equities/private companies.
- BA / BS degree required, CFA or MBA preferred.
- Degree major - Economics, or Finance; would also consider Computer Science majors interested in Investment Management
- 5-10 years of investment related work experience; Prior experience in equity research, consulting, or investment banking a plus
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills; Strong data management and research skills
- Professional fluency in verbal and written English and German required
- Ability to learn quickly & thrive in a fast-paced environment; A passion for the markets & innovation