Construction Services Design/Estimator Summer 2023 Internship - North Highlands, CA
Gain industry and organizational knowledge through daily business interactions and job assignments. Work is performed under direct supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to perform clerical tasks associated with truss, panel, engineered lumber products, or residential and commercial design for customers.
- Perform all tasks associated with the design and layout process.
- Reviews and organizes design paperwork and prepares drawings.
- Reviews drawing for approval or production.
- Demonstrates understanding of basic construction terminology.
- Analyzes blueprints and other documents to develop a material list and cost estimates for the sales department and customers.
- Reviews estimates which are used for sales and bidding purposes.
- Reviews information from sales representative or customer on what materials are required in pricing job components such as headers for doors, beams, and floor joists, ect.
- Assist sales department in supplying information on materials, such as availability, substitution, and new material.
- Ability to compute cost factors and prepare estimates which are used for bids with customers and vendors.
- Ability to understand fundamental design principles including load requirements and connection design.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in the following degrees or related areas: Construction Management/Engineering, Industrial Management/Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or MBA.
- Prefer GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Prefer junior or senior level, but will consider other class levels.
- Strong oral, written, and communication skills
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people
- Comfortable talking with and interacting with others
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and Outlook