Packaging Engineer - MS/PhD
We can't predict what the future holds, but we know Texas Instruments will have a part in shaping it.
Interface across various work areas and organizations to help with the design, development and analysis of different semiconductor packaging technologies to enable differentiation for TI’s analog and embedded processing products. TI’s innovative packaging technologies are designed to solve customers’ problems by delivering advances in miniaturization, integration, high reliability, high performance, and low power. In this role you’ll get the opportunity to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment where high-energy, prioritization skills and adaptability are a must!
Packaging engineers play an important role at TI which encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Partner with the businesses to design and develop internal and external solutions for semiconductor packaging technologies, including Wirebond, Flip Chip, Modules, SIPs and other advanced packages at different stages of readiness
- Participate in cross-functional teams, supporting product qualification and production, helping to meet reliability and yield requirements, design testability, and test coverage
- Direct design-of-experiments and work with material suppliers to downselect innovative packaging materials to enhance the reliability and performance of advanced packages.
- Conduct electrical, mechanical, thermal models to comprehend silicon-to-package interaction, establish design rules, and to predict and prevent the use of high risk designs.
As a Packaging engineer you will enjoy an environment of smart collaboration with a global team of the industry’s top engineering minds at your disposal. TI’s corporate culture is one of competitive spirit which fuels continued business growth and constant career opportunities. While ethical business practice is a central aspect of the work place-you will be treated with respect, dignity, kindness and courtesy.
Put your talent to work with us as a Packaging engineer – change the world, love your job!
- Masters degree in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science or Physics, Electrical Engineering
- Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA, or higher
- Basic understanding of statistical process control (SPC)
- Semiconductor packaging knowledge is preferred (manufacturing processes, assembly, reliability, materials, characterization, FA)
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
- Engineer your future. We empower our employees to truly own their career and development. Come collaborate with some of the smartest people in the world to shape the future of electronics.
- We’re different by design. Diverse backgrounds and perspectives are what push innovation forward and what make TI stronger. We value each and every voice, and look forward to hearing yours. Meet the people of TI
- Benefits that benefit you. We offer competitive pay and benefits designed to help you and your family live your best life. Your well-being is important to us.
About Texas Instruments
As a global semiconductor company, we design, manufacture, test and sell analog and embedded processing chips to nearly 100,000 customers. Our products enable electronics everywhere and in things you experience every day - from health care, smart homes and connected cars to drones, smart phones and more. Our passion to create a better and more sustainable world by making electronics more affordable through semiconductors drives us to make our technology smaller, more efficient, more reliable and more affordable.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.