Workforce Development Program Director (@ Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce)
Workforce Development Program Director (remote position in Wisconsin) at Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce in Milwaukee, WI - shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
Job Type Details: Remote position in Wisconsin
Workforce Development Program Director
We’re Ready to Grow and you can help! The Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce is creating a new opportunity for a confident person with a passion for serving veterans, military service members, and military families.
Do you have a broad knowledge of program management principles? Do you have a strategic mindset and the ability to identify processes, manage resources, and inform management on progress and performance? Are you a servant leader able to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders and partners to increase program effectiveness and impact? Do you thrive working independently, developing program strategies and executing those strategies successfully? Are you comfortable developing new and innovative ideas to increase program impact?
Our Vision: Establish Wisconsin as the best state in the country for veterans, service members, and their families to thrive and reach their full potential
Our Mission: Provide veteran owned and veteran friendly businesses with advocacy and support so that businesses grow while advancing economic opportunity for service members, veterans, and their families in Wisconsin.
Role Description: We are looking for an experienced Program Director responsible for planning, implementing, and executing the Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce’s workforce development programs. You will initiate goals based on the strategic objectives of the organization, implement plans to execute programs, allocate resources necessary to achieve those plans from start to finish including identifying processes and deadlines. You will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of the organization’s workforce development programs supporting employers in the recruitment and retention of veteran and military-affiliated talent. You will manage programs and inform organization leadership and stakeholders on progress and performance. The goal is to ensure the organization’s workforce development programs will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to member businesses and to the organization.
- Initiate and set goals for workforce development programs, which consist of events, workshops, and direct services, according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Plan and execute programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
- Develop or approve budgets and operations
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
- Provide feedback on program progress and resolve complex problems
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines, funding compliance requirements, and internal policies
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports and presentations
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as program director or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- A business acumen with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Experience working with not for profits
- Excellent communication skills
Benefits of Working for the Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce:
- Location agnostic within the state of Wisconsin
- Contribution toward Healthcare Marketplace medical coverage
- Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance
- Retirement contribution match
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work
The Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce looks at compensation as a whole picture, with salary being a piece of overall compensation. This is a new grant funded position with two years of funding committed, with anticipated continuing funding based on program results.