Technical Operations Rotational Program
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in customer-facing commercial or research-based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment
Our Engineers support internal and external manufacturing operations remain operational, continuously improve and innovate. With our extensive range of facilities and environments, our Engineers have opportunities across many diverse areas including Biological, Chemical, Automation, Capital Projects, Maintenance, Safety, Process Development, Technical Services, Utilities, Data Analytics, Vision Inspection, and Validation.
The Technical & Operations Associate Engineering Specialist is responsible for providing technical and operational support to the vaccine manufacturing area while actively supporting, participating in, and embracing an empowered team culture. This position directly impacts our Company's largest and most complex vaccine manufacturing plant site and offers numerous technical and collaborative opportunities. The successful candidate will start in a technical operations role and will be considered for rotational opportunities within manufacturing operations to further develop her/his knowledge of the vaccine manufacturing business as well as help position them for future career growth. Both the initial assignment and future rotational opportunities will include off-shift/off-schedule support within a vaccine manufacturing operations area.
We are seeking a Growth and Improvement minded Technical & Operations Associate Engineering Specialist that can help drive our Strategic Operating Priorities.
- Invent | Pursue the Most Promising Internal and External Science to Address Significant Unmet Medical Needs
- Execute | Prioritize Resources Behind Our Key Growth Drivers (Oncology, Vaccines, Select Specialty Areas, Animal Health) While Optimizing Our Base Business)
- Adapt | Develop Our People, Culture and Business Model to Evolve with a Dynamic Landscape
- Diverse Talent | We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment with supporting leadership behaviors because having a high-performing, engaged workforce is critical to our ability to deliver innovative solutions to patients and customers around the world
- Values and Standards | Our Steadfast Commitment to Our Values and Standards will Continue to Guide Us as We Take on New Challenges and Will Always be Fundamental to Our Success – They are a Competitive Advantage for Us
- Contributes to the performance and results of a vaccine manufacturing department
- Provides technical guidance
Business and Functional Expertise:
- Applies technical skills to align activities with department objectives
- Works as a team member on manufacturing investigations, change control activities, validation activities and/or process improvement projects
- Examines issues from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve the root cause
- Assures consistent application of standardized work, engineering and process tools, and procedures
- Assists with and may lead experimental protocols as needed using the Technical Operations lab facilities and/or production equipment at full scale
- Authors and updates technical and manufacturing documents necessary for investigations, process design/definition, engineering studies, process demonstrations, change control, and validation
- Participate in regulatory inspection activities for the facility
- Effectively collaborates with equipment vendors, peers at West Point, and peers above site
- Innovates within area by initiating/leading both business and technical process improvements
- During potential rotation within operations, routinely interact with shop floor personnel to successfully execute vaccine manufacturing production plans as well as develop and implement continuous improvements on the production floor
Required Education and Skills:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Sciences by July 2023
- Candidates must be able to work independently and as a Team member with Integrity | Precision | Accomplishment | Motivational Ambition | Respect
- Candidates must have communication, leadership and teamwork skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have experience in biologics, vaccine, or bulk sterile manufacturing facilities
- Candidates should have lean/Six Sigma tools
- Candidates should have experience using data analytics, programming, and/or automation tools
- Candidates should have the capability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, including leading small projects
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high-quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.