Data Science & Simulation Intern
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity is looking for an Intern to join our Data Science Engineering Team within our multifaceted Additive Development Group. The Data Science team at Relativity is responsible for advising and developing tools that allow other teams to make decisions using data driven, stochastic, and dare we say, intelligent, methods. We value team members from diverse backgrounds who can contribute to the core responsibility of developing tools and models capable of advancing Relativity’s additive manufacturing technology.
What you'll do:
Our mission is to induce a paradigm shift in how rockets are built and flown. The Additive Development group is looking for an intern to join us in solving the most complex problems in Additive Manufacturing. You will be expected to leverage your creativity and problem-solving skills to architect, develop, and deploy new tools, models, and processes focused on a wide array of physical, technical problems and phenomena related to manufacturing an orbital launch vehicle.
Your ability to exercise technical judgment in solving engineering challenges will be necessary to succeed in this internship!
Past intern projects (just a few examples!)
- Tested flight quick disconnects
- Implemented computer vision on the robots to implemented live depth data
- Worked on adding automated sanding/grinding capabilities to our print cells
- Worked on test stand infrastructure to help run tests more often and more efficiently
- Oversaw designing the PCB for the High Voltage Battery Management System (HVBMS)
- Helped set up an anomaly detection framework for stargate printers
- Printed rocket engine parts!
Skills/Competencies we're looking for:
- Obtaining BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Data Science, or related field
- Hands-on experience with machine-learning frameworks and techniques with large datasets
- Familiarity in processes and infrastructure for developing, operating, and monitoring machine learning models
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary environments
- Experience working with high frequency time series data
We believe varied perspectives & backgrounds strengthen our team. Prior experience in aerospace is not required.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.