Financial Analyst Intern
BRE Hotels & Resorts is Blackstone’s U.S. hospitality platform focused on the ownership of luxury, upper-upscale, extended-stay and select-service hotels that generate attractive returns for stakeholders. The company provides investors with expertise in asset management, revenue management, financial planning and analysis, transactions underwriting, and other professional services. BRE Hotels & Resorts has a diverse portfolio including more than 130 properties, 26,000+ guestrooms, 23 brands, 15 management companies and iconic resorts in Maui, San Diego, Palm Springs, and Phoenix.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
Our Financial Analyst Internship was created to develop and invest in future real estate leaders. Financial Analyst Interns are hired for a 10-week immersive experience where they learn the fundamentals of financial planning, analysis and modeling and experience the culture of BRE Hotels & Resorts. During the internship, individuals will receive training and work on a variety of projects that directly impact the business. Summer interns are immediately a part of our collaborative culture and build enduring relationships with their fellow interns, manager, and assigned mentor. Summer interns also have the opportunity to network with various professionals through organized social events. Finally, each summer intern will work with an assigned mentor to complete a project and present their findings with other interns to the executive leadership team. This position is based out of BRE’s headquarters in New York City, NY.
Our 2023 summer analyst internship program will begin June 2023 and last through August 2023. To be eligible, you must be a college student during the time of the internship program.
- Develop tools and processes to improve hotel performance forecasting
- Assist with preparing financial reports related to budgeting, forecasting and financial results
- Analyze portfolio performance and monitor key performance indicators
- Retrieve and analyze data from several research, financial and industry-specific systems
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Current junior undergraduate student at an accredited four-year institution (graduating 2024)
- Pursuing a degree in accounting, finance, real estate, economics or business with a finance/accounting concentration
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Strong knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint; advanced knowledge of MS Excel preferred
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in New York City in a full-time capacity for 10 weeks, beginning in June of 2023.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, familial status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email email@example.com.