Group Health Foundation is a relatively new and growing 501(c)(4) philanthropic organization committed to partnering with communities across Washington State to transform the balance of power to ensure equity and racial justice across Washington and beyond. We are hiring an Investment Analyst to join our expanding team.
Cultivating a staff team that embodies the diverse experiences of Washington communities is essential to these aspirations. We strongly and sincerely encourage applications from people of color; immigrant, bilingual, and multicultural individuals; d/Deaf people and people with disabilities; members of LGBTQIA+ and gender non-conforming communities; and people with other diverse backgrounds and lived experiences.
To learn more about our work, our approaches, and our values, please visit our website.
The Investment Analyst will join the four-person investment team. The investment team is responsible for managing the foundation’s assets of more than $2 billion across public and private investments. The Investment Analyst will report to the Director of Investments and have exposure to the entirety of the investment process.
The Investment Analyst is a full-time, non-exempt position located in our Seattle office that begins Q3 2023. Periodic early morning, evening, and weekend hours will be required, and occasional statewide and regional travel should be expected. All employees participate in our offsite retreats, which often require travel and overnight stays.
· Perform investment manager screening, research, analysis, and ongoing due diligence, particularly in alternative asset classes such as private equity and hedge funds; this includes conducting rigorous quantitative/risk analysis, reviewing manager reports and letters, meeting with managers, attending annual meetings, and preparing data-driven investment recommendations
· Conduct manager and portfolio-level reporting on performance, exposures, liquidity, and cash flows
· Research, prepare, and write investment memos which explore market trends, analyze the foundation’s portfolio, and formulate a view on the risks and opportunities related to specific investments
· Maintain careful organization of documents and infrastructure pertaining to the investment process such as uploading information and notes to the internal CRM, running weekly pipeline reports, and other administrative tasks
· Assist with a range of special projects across the portfolio
· Teach, train, and mentor the development of future analysts and summer interns
· Network with institutional peers and managers to stay informed about investment trends and discover compelling investment opportunities
· Contribute one’s own ideas, perspectives, and lived experiences to the emerging culture of the Foundation
· Assume other responsibilities and explore new opportunities that arise with the evolving needs and aspirations of the Foundation
· Strong academic performance while working towards a degree in business, finance, economics, or other closely related field
· Demonstrated passion for investing, whether through extracurricular activities and organizations, past employment, or other outside the classroom reading and acquisition of relevant skillsets
· Strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills combined with the ability to listen deeply and synthesize thoughtful conclusions from conceptual information
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) and Adobe (Acrobat DC) and ability to adapt to new technologies
· Demonstrated capacity for self-reflection and a self-starter with the ability to take initiative and see projects to completion while collaborating across a team
· Keen attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and a desire to understand the financial markets
· A deep commitment to equity and social justice, and strong alignment with our organizational values
· Ability to authentically connect the Foundation’s mission and aspirations with one’s personal experiences
· Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships and work effectively and respectfully with politically, ideologically, culturally, and geographically diverse people and communities
· A desire to learn about the needs of communities across the state most impacted by structural inequities
· An understanding of racism, ableism, sexism, and other forms of bias
· Ability to take part in occasional meetings and events outside of core business hours
· Enthusiasm for traveling throughout Washington and engaging with communities that may be different from your own (travel is estimated at 10-25% for this position)
In addition to a positive and flexible work culture, we attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary ranges are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant data are reviewed when setting ranges for each position. The anticipated starting salary range for this position is $80,000 to $100,000. A compensation enhancement is provided to employees with indigenous or advanced language proficiency in more than one language that they utilize to advance the Foundation’s work across Washington. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes fully paid medical/dental/vision coverage for employees and dependent children (and partial coverage for partners and spouses), a 10% retirement contribution, generous and flexible paid time off, paid family and medical leave, a transit pass (where available), relocation assistance, and support for ongoing professional development.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your specific interests through our online application portal. Applications must contain a cover letter to be considered for the position; the cover letter should outline the candidate’s relevant experience, demonstrate the candidate’s passion for investing and specific interest in working for Group Health Foundation. Please also make sure that your GPA is included either in your resume or cover letter.
Applications must be submitted by Monday, October 3rd. You will receive an automatic acknowledgment of your application once you submit your materials, and you can expect updates from the Foundation every two to three weeks once the priority deadline has passed.
We are committed to creating conditions where all candidates are able to fully express their talents and potential and invite you to let us know if there are any accommodations that we can provide to support you in your pursuit of this role.
Thank you for your interest in joining Group Health Foundation!