Locations: Fort Worth, TX; Fort Myers, FL; Phoenix, AZ; North Andover, MA
The Watts Water Technologies family of companies designs and manufactures valves and drains and related products that promote the comfort and safety of people and the quality, conservation, and control of water used in commercial, residential, industrial, and municipal applications. Everything we design is made to keep the Earth’s most precious resource safer, cleaner, and more useful for our customers.
The Watts Internship Program is strategically designed to allow you the opportunity to utilize what you have learned in the classroom while gaining a true understanding of the business world by applying those key principles through hands-on experience. During the internship, students will gain exposure to and impact operations. There will be many chances to network with like-minded manufacturing and industrial engineering professionals and stimulate your mind through cross-departmental collaboration.
What’s In It for You
People-First Culture – Enriching and caring for people is at the core of who we are; this includes executing our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) strategy, and providing our employees with meaningful career growth opportunities, a positive and safe work environment, and affirmation that they are heard, valued, and respected.
Flexible PTO Policy – Work-life balance is important at Watts and our interns receive one (1) hour of flexible PTO for every thirty (30) hours worked. Your flexible PTO can be utilized for any type of absence.
Paid Holidays – Celebrate the holidays with your loved ones and still get paid! You will receive the following paid holidays off during your time as an Intern with Watts. Where a holiday falls during the weekend, it will be observed on an adjacent weekday.
Lunch and Learns – Throughout your internship, there will be opportunities for you to sign up to learn and network with some of the key strategic leaders and thought partners within our core operating model!
Sustainability – One of Newsweek’s Top 400 of “America’s Most Responsible Companies” for sustainability performance, three years running.
What You’ll Do
The R&D Intern will provide technical and business support to ongoing product development research. You will have exposure to the following components during your internship:
- Production- Making and Packaging
- Physical Distribution/ Warehouse
- Health, Safety, and Environment
The internship will be approximately 13 weeks, and during your time with Watts, you will focus on the following:
- Technical Evaluations – conduct technical evaluations of designs regarding compliance to design specifications, conduct comparative evaluations and create associated documentation
- Design Test Programs – including lab testing and field testing as needed to validate robust performance
- Hands-on Engineering Experience – work with engineers in a hands-on capacity in a lab environment conduct testing and document procedures and results using lab instrumentation and measurement equipment
- CAD and Business Software – partner with engineers to gain experience in cad environment and business software
- Get in Front of Leadership – summarize and present what you have learned during your internship to the leadership team
- Current student (, junior or senior status) actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related engineering degree, with a strong interest in pursuing research and product development
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S., and not require sponsorship now or in the future
- Strong data analysis skills required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to multi-task, be detailed oriented and solve problems analytically
- Experienced in identifying and analyzing problems/issues, making recommendations, and implementing solutions.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and mechanical systems
- Ability to communicate and work with colleagues/teams in different departments professionally and effectively
- Familiarity with CAD software, such as Solidworks and Autocad a plus
- Mechanical and Electrical aptitude and experience are a plus
- Work in an office or a manufacturing environment
While performing the duties, the employee will be working in an office environment with exposure to the plant floor as well as the Engineering Test Facility. The employee is required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to handle objects and other tools. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The Employee may be required to lift, push, and/or pull up to 20 pounds.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.