SUPPLY CHAIN DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The Supply Chain Development Program (SCDP) is a two-year program designed to develop you into a future supply chain leader. The role provides exposure to leadership, education/training and mentorship while gaining exposure to a variety of disciplines such as shop operations, lean manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, process improvement, advanced manufacturing, global supply chain management, quality/supplier quality, fulfillment, sourcing/procurement, distribution and materials management. The experience gained during the rotational assignments will position the SCDP member for accelerated career growth.
Rotational assignments take place in one of our five manufacturing locations: Louisville, KY; Decatur, AL; Lafayette, GA; Selmer, TN; Camden, SC. The majority are located at our headquarters in Louisville, KY. Relocation assistance will be provided during each move, if assignment locations vary between rotations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
· Successfully complete four (4) six-month rotational assignments in different areas of the supply chain organization, beginning January 2023 or July 2023.
· Cultivate depth in: shop operations, lean manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, process improvement, advanced manufacturing, global supply chain management, quality/supplier quality, fulfillment, sourcing/procurement, distribution and materials management.
· Lead teams, partner across a variety of organizations and develop technical depth.
· Have a strong understanding and competence of working in a union environment.
· Lead cross functional teams, develop project plans and execute against them, develop problem solving skills.
· Ability to hit the ground running and make lasting changes.
· Participate in and complete classroom based leadership and functional training as well as online training curriculum.
· Successfully complete training and Capstone project.
· GE Appliances will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
• Pursuing or completion of a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations Management (or related),. Accepted Degrees: Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical, Civil, Plastics Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Operations Management, or related degree
• Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, at the time of graduation.
• Prior internship or co-op experience in supply chain or manufacturing.
• Related degree completion achieved between May 2022 and May 2023.
• Must be willing to relocate within the southeastern U.S.
• Demonstrated passion for supply chain and/or manufacturing.
• Analytical approach to problem solving.
• Demonstrated leadership experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Two or more rotations of co-op experience with GE Appliances.
· Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; safety glasses, hearing protection, work boots, face shields, face masks, cut sleeves and hardhats.
· This role may require frequent walking in a manufacturing plant environment, or bending, lifting or climbing.
· Travel may be required: up to 25%, dependent on role assignment.
· Hours & Weekends: Working off-shift and weekends may be required.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.