2023 Summer Internship - Global Operations and Services
Remote Work: Hybrid
At Zebra, we extend the edge of possibility by shaping the future of work on the front line—reinventing how businesses run and moving society forward.
We are a community of changemakers, innovators and doers who come together to deliver a performance edge to the front line of business. We develop new technologies and create new solutions with partners to help organizations act with greater visibility, connectivity, and intelligence—delivering better experiences for workers and those they serve.
Being a part of Zebra means being seen, heard, valued, and respected as you define your path to a fulfilling career. Here, you’ll have opportunities to learn and lead at a leading company, and you can channel your skills towards causes that you and the Zebra community care about, locally, and globally.
Together, we've only begun to define the edge of what's possible—for our people, our customers, and the world.
Build your edge. Build what's next.
Join a community of changemakers, innovators, and doers.
The Global Procurement EDCR (Event Driven Cost Reduction) PMO (Project Management Office) provides project managers to support second source supplier qualification for all direct material category managers. In addition, EDCR PMs support supply chain resiliency by managing crossfunctional project teams who quality alternate suppliers which improve business continuity. Each project manager works with cross-functional team members to take approved business cases from project scope and core team kickoffs through all the planning and execution milestones to get the alternate supplier qualified. The new suppliers for these projects may be existing preferred suppliers or new, innovative suppliers who have been approved by category manager SCT-Strategic Category/Commodity teams. Strong collaboration and communication skills are essential and past PMO summer interns have leveraged their engineering background and education to quickly establish the core team required for the intern’s project. Whether navigating complex mechanical or electrical qualifications, the global EDCR PMO PM delivers improved gross margin in each project by completing alternate supplier qualification or improving Zebra’s supply chain resiliency.
- Project Management Office (PMO) projects may be functional or cross-functional including but not limited to the following areas:
- Global Supply Chain Study
- Mechanical/Industrial Engineering operations
- DFM – Design for Manufacturing
- Supply Chain Quality
- Supplier Compliance Program Management
- Develop planning, organizational and leadership skills
- Increase technology knowledge and skills
- Develop team-based work proficiencies
- Develop interpersonal skills to connect with day-to-day business contacts through follow up activities
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate degree program in Business, Supply Chain Management, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Electrical Engineering
- Must have an anticipated graduation date between December, 2023 - May, 2025
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- CAD skills preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Proven leadership and excellence in professional, academic, and/or extracurricular experiences
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Zebra Total Rewards includes more than just pay and is structured to meet the needs of our changing global business and evolving talent. We are committed to providing our employees with a benefits program that is comprehensive and competitive – including healthcare, wellness, inclusion networks, and continued learning and development offerings. We offer community service days, in addition to the traditional insurances, compensation, parental leave, employee assistance program and paid time off offerings depending on the country where you work.
Salary: USD 19.00 - USD 42.50 Hourly
Salary offered will vary depending on your location, job-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
Additionally, all Zebra roles are eligible for cash incentive programs. For example, sales roles have additional opportunity to earn substantial variable compensation tied to quota achievement. In most other roles, the Zebra annual cash incentive program links Company and individual performance together. Some roles may also be eligible for long-term incentive equity awards.